Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Where is Sooze these days?
Is she snowed in. I haven't seen her about since she complimented me on one of my posts. I do hope she's still not in shock
smiley-surprised.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well I hope it's not that pig flu thing.
It knocked us dogs for six. I'm still coughing more than I ever did when I smoked. Infact I never had a cough when I smoked. Must be all that clean air??
I noticed a few others are missing as well as Sooze , eg Jo -Anne.
Maybe Jo's busy writing her 2011 campsite guide
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Brian, I think I can guess who it is that's asking. It looks like MacH. I see he's got over 400 posts to his credit so he must be behaving himself if it is him ... heh! heh! heh!
smiley-laughing.gif

BTW DD, how was Carnon? I bet the dog walk was a bit muddy
smiley-frown.gif
We can't wait until we go to Riverside at London Apprentice. We've now booked a week at a CL on the Devon/Cornwall border on the way back making 3 weeks in all
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Doctor cos I thought I had swine flu. Doc said I had Gammon flu - just like swine flu, but I'm cured!

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I say LB ,
I hope you mean River Valley not Riverside?? The latter is a Chinese Takeaway in St Austell
smiley-smile.gif

Carnon Downs was a real adventure. Nearly every pitch was taken but hardly anyone there. Mostly empty seasonals. The toilet blocks are amongst the best I have used. Each block had a great christmas tree. Very pretty.
One day it reached minus 10 degs. A notice was chalked up at reception telling us to use gas NOT electric as they didn't want to overload their circuits. Odd that because the site occupancy was barely 15% and only 10 amps available. We had a blackout for 40 mins just before xmas but that was blamed on SW Electricty.
Otherwise everything was excellent. No mud at all because the ground was frozen solid. The recommended walk guides were excellent. We followed one on Cristmas day to the Punchbowl and Ladle Inn. A delightful dog friendly place. The first round was on the LandLord. That's real customer care! I confess we were knackered by the time we got back because the hills there and back are real roller coaster switcbacks. A very good time all round.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts