5 celebs go caravanning

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For pure entertainment with has been stars , excellent.
For me it’s a bit like Michael Portillo travelling by rail with his Bradshaw Guide.
Whitby, all been there and well covered.
The seagulls? Now you’ve seen it you won’t leave or eat your Chish and Fips too close to the parapet B)
A good prog , well balanced and little pi?? take about caravans .

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
There wasn't much to do with caravanning this week on this week's episode it was more like watching Countryfile !! It said at the beginning they were going to Askrigg camping site in Yorkshire but ended up pitching at Akbar caravan Park !? That's just down from where we normally go from our CL site, I I normally take the kids to the park there !

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
There wasn't much to do with caravanning this week on this week's episode it was more like watching Countryfile !! It said at the beginning they were going to Askrigg camping site in Yorkshire but ended up pitching at Akbar caravan Park !? That's just down from where we normally go from our CL site, I I normally take the kids to the park there !

They hyped up the "Crash" on the previews... turned out to be some slight scraping on a road I would not have used!

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
A bit of light hearted fun which involves caravanning. Chill out and enjoy - I don't think it was ever advertised as an serious, informative caravan show.....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that they select segments of footage for effect, such as pushing and pulling a caravan around which is fitted with a motor mover, or trying to reverse the towcar to the hitch.
Tom Baker pranged his caravan against a brick wall when he was turning from an entrance and didn't consider the rear overhang, so I hope that drivers like him are not let loose on the roads for too long.
The poor bloke looks as though he's suffering from the onset of Parkinson's disease, his head is shaking as he's driving along so should he really be towing a caravan as a complete novice? I don't think so, he seems to be easily distracted and lacking in spatial awareness.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
I think that they select segments of footage for effect, such as pushing and pulling a caravan around which is fitted with a motor mover, or trying to reverse the towcar to the hitch.
Tom Baker pranged his caravan against a brick wall when he was turning from an entrance and didn't consider the rear overhang, so I hope that drivers like him are not let loose on the roads for too long.
The poor bloke looks as though he's suffering from the onset of Parkinson's disease, his head is shaking as he's driving along so should he really be towing a caravan as a complete novice? I don't think so, he seems to be easily distracted and lacking in spatial awareness.
Parksy,
Remember the nodding dog that people put on the rear parcel shelf? A reincarnation maybe :whistle: :whistle:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Parksy,
Remember the nodding dog that people put on the rear parcel shelf? A reincarnation maybe :whistle: :whistle:
The old nodding dog seems to have found fame as Churchill, a well known insurance advertiser these days, "Oh Yus."
He's probably doing better than Tom Baker who is reduced to making reality tv programmes involving a caravan :dry:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Been doing it wrong all these years..............as the actress said to the bishop.

Finally got round to watching 5 Celebs go Carravaning. Saw in episode one that I have so much still to learn.

Following the flat tyre they got early on, it was interesting to see that the highly skilled Todd Whatshisface was going to change the wheel with the leg winder, no wonder I have been struggling with the wheel brace.

At the first camp site they got the caravans laughably in place, but hey, dont bother with levelling, dropping the steadies, hooking up and filling with water, let alone the ALKO wheel lock (now that would have been a laugh with those planks), just push it in, handbrake on and go to the pub. When you return its all been magically done for you.

And why oh why were the struggling to push ( i appreciate they are thespians) a caravan in when it clearly had a motor mover fitted.

Yep, so much to learn.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I find it a good laugh, It didnt show them putting the awning back in the bag, and the pegging out, ..???
I think it shows what we can do when Caravanning, sailing Zip wires, Cream teas etc.
But they are really muppets. :evil:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts