6 kg gas bottles!

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi

has anyone got/can point me to where I can get one, an empty 6kg propane gas bottle?
Failing that are there any recommendations where to buy a refillable one at reasonable cost?

Very new and green around the ears at the moment so advice much appreciated! :unsure:

Thanks

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Very occasionally, empty gas bottles are offered on gumtree and ebay. However, they are unlikely to be guaranteed as safe. The norm is that you rent a cylinder with a Rental Agreement from a respected supplier and buy the gas in it. When you have finished with the cylinder, you can return it and, providing you still have the rental agreement, get a refund of the rental [not the gas]. Or you just swap it for another full cylinder and just pay for the gas.

Homebase do Gaslight in 5kg and 10kg, Flogas has a few dealers including some Shell garages, but the main retailer is Calor Gas available from Calor Gas depots, caravan accessory shops, and caravan sites. There are other outlets.

https://www.calor.co.uk/shop/gas-bottles/6kg-propane-gas-bottle.html
https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Please do not even think about refilling a rental bottle. Adapters may be available on eBay but the practice is not safe.
Real refillable bottles are designed for end user filling and rental bottles are not.
It is the practice of people refilling rental bottles which has led to bans on real refillables at some outlets.

Your choice is either to buy a real refillable system or use rental bottles or a combination of both.

Graham

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Calor Lite are the most popular, I have 2 of them. Try any local Calor dealer for price etc. Was a supply problem 12 months ago but all sorted now. I also use a French Le Cube as we are in Europe a lot and can always get it replaced in any or most large supermarkets in France.

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
I was under the illusion you could turn up at a gas stockist with an empty bottle and they'd exchange it for a full one, hadn't appreciated a rental agreement was also required.
Flogas seem to be more competively priced than Calor so will try them!
Thanks for the advice :)

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
JT11, if you have an empty bottle you can indeed just turn up and exchange it.
The rental agreement is the way to do it if you cannot find/acquire an empty one.I have six different size Calor bottles, but I've only ever had one rental agreement! Most of the others have come from buying secondhand caravans.

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Many thanks for the clarification Ruddick, :)
I've been advertising as wanted on Gumtree and Preloved to see if there are any around here (Lancashire/Merseyside) but have so far drawn a blank so may have to bite the bullet and get a rental agreement which is my least preferred option! :angry:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts