Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz I've only read as far as Our Website ..... am I the only one left? What , no peasants to work my land, the maids all absconded? what's with everyone these days. I'm just assuming the problem was the thread just before I left regarding the disagreement between Clive and Lol. Sad really if it is, I'm just hoping that by the time I've caught up on all the postings its all sorted but I fear the worse :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No disagreement between me and Clive, Lord B. However the forum has taken a bashing recently, and where Chit Chat is concerned, wounds are still healing. Colin has not posted recently, a little misunderstanding going on there, we were hoping that now your back he would start again (you do have a special relationship with the fella) but the guards are up I'm afraid. So, hot topics might be a little too hot at the moment, bud. Serves you right for deserting us for so long.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
No disagreement between me and Clive, Lord B. However the forum has taken a bashing recently, and where Chit Chat is concerned, wounds are still healing. Colin has not posted recently, a little misunderstanding going on there, we were hoping that now your back he would start again (you do have a special relationship with the fella) but the guards are up I'm afraid. So, hot topics might be a little too hot at the moment, bud. Serves you right for deserting us for so long.
oops sorry Lol, been away too long that my brains in neutral. I meant to say Clive and Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
May I point out as tactfully as anyone can that LB's post is sadly typical of what can happen on this Forum!

And LB- please do not take offence - this is meant to be constructive not destructive.

For some reason you somehow inferred that Lol and I had fallen out when in fact nothing of the sort had happened.

How this came about is not that important

What is important is that what you read was not what was written. If you LB, can somehow misinterpret the meaning of words then others can as well.

There has been ample evidence of late of such misinterpretation, deliberate or accidental, it matters not. But what does matter is that it happens.

Actions & reactions rather than considerred conversation.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Clive, no I wont take offence, it takes more than that to upset me but with the greatest of respect please credit me (and maybe others) with a little bit of the grey matter. As I said before I haven't commented on the incident because as two grown men you should sort out the problem then forgive and forget but it is pretty obvious that you have to keep relating to unruly children or adults acting like children. You have had your say on the matter many times Clive and now is the time to drop it without the little sniping comments. If you and Brian didn't fall out then I'm pleased for both of you but I'm sure I'm not the only one to misconstrue the posts into a war of words. You will know I haven't been here for 18 days so have been catching up with the posts and they are still fresh in my mind. What I see is you making these niggling comments (excluding the ones I never had the chance to read because Moddy2 had deleted them).

This comment is typical :-

24 May 2006 09:43 AM Yep - while their are people who read what they want to read so they can then go off on one regardless of any reasonable protest as to the truth or what was ACTUALY said, then problems such as this will always be here.

When you have people absolutely determined to be slighted, whatever the facts - what chance has good manners got?

As for people announcing that they have become so upset that they are leaveing! That is just like kids in the playground picking up their ball when they do not get their own way.

It's sad but some people are like that.

Likewise I hope you are not offended Clive, just an observation hehheh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
May I point out as tactfully as anyone can that LB's post is sadly typical of what can happen on this Forum!

And LB- please do not take offence - this is meant to be constructive not destructive.

For some reason you somehow inferred that Lol and I had fallen out when in fact nothing of the sort had happened.

How this came about is not that important

What is important is that what you read was not what was written. If you LB, can somehow misinterpret the meaning of words then others can as well.

There has been ample evidence of late of such misinterpretation, deliberate or accidental, it matters not. But what does matter is that it happens.

Actions & reactions rather than considerred conversation.
Clive if you had read the posts I made yesterday correctly you will see I had corrected myself to Lol. Wouldn't it have been better to make your post under that thread because you obviously had read it but not chose to put my correction under this thread, I wonder why?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I apolgise for referring to another thread Clive,the post I corrected myself in seems to have been deleted, probably because I made a reference about peeps coming out of the woodwork but if you look at the comments in this thread I also corrected myself in that.

Lord Braykewynde

30 May 2006 06:03 PM oops sorry Lol, been away too long that my brains in neutral. I meant to say Clive and Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was not that long ago that you said much the same thing when someone said "I am leaving" - I remember it well! I laughed at the rhyme about not letting the door hit you in the backside on the way out!!! LOL!

Thats - the trouble with us puppys - never let go. Some call it a problem, others a character trait (or flaw - I do not mind which) but certainly I am known for my tenacity.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mind you LB - I have just noticed that further posts have gone missing!

Damn those Thought Police!

Trouble is it makes following a thread a bit like one of those confused conversations in an old peoples home!

"What did you say?"

I don't know its disapeared!"

"What has disapeared?"

"When's Lunch?"

Oh Crikey - The local contabulary want to interview me for my politically incorrect views. Apparently anyone over the age of 60/65 could be offended by what I have just said!

But I think I got away with it because I told them that by 2012 the NRA will be 68 and so what about an interim period of consultation?

They agreed and so I have booked them in for Tuesday 5th June 2012.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, no I wont take offence, it takes more than that to upset me but with the greatest of respect please credit me (and maybe others) with a little bit of the grey matter. As I said before I haven't commented on the incident because as two grown men you should sort out the problem then forgive and forget but it is pretty obvious that you have to keep relating to unruly children or adults acting like children. You have had your say on the matter many times Clive and now is the time to drop it without the little sniping comments. If you and Brian didn't fall out then I'm pleased for both of you but I'm sure I'm not the only one to misconstrue the posts into a war of words. You will know I haven't been here for 18 days so have been catching up with the posts and they are still fresh in my mind. What I see is you making these niggling comments (excluding the ones I never had the chance to read because Moddy2 had deleted them).

This comment is typical :-

24 May 2006 09:43 AM Yep - while their are people who read what they want to read so they can then go off on one regardless of any reasonable protest as to the truth or what was ACTUALY said, then problems such as this will always be here.

When you have people absolutely determined to be slighted, whatever the facts - what chance has good manners got?

As for people announcing that they have become so upset that they are leaveing! That is just like kids in the playground picking up their ball when they do not get their own way.

It's sad but some people are like that.

Likewise I hope you are not offended Clive, just an observation hehheh!
As was my post that you quote!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I remember that Clive, I believe it was a comment to Stinky_Pete when I made it, I also got an email off His Moddyship which is still stored in a dedicated "bad boy" folder on my puter. The words I used was -

"on the way out dont let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts