A ble to reverse

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Just spent a fortnight at Culkein Drumbeg, to get there you have to travel over switchback road with passing places for about 11 miles as there is no other way in or out.I am amazed at the lack of driving skills for drivers in reversing into the passing places when having to , i am talking about solo not with caravan as this place is not for anything like that.One driver had not a clue where he was in the road,another pointed to me to pass when he was only about 20 feet from a passing place where he could have reversed to.It must have been about 6 cars that we encounted when travelling along that pass that were not able to reverse properly let alone the one where you could have a drink watching him try to go back.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi robert

its not a new problem just discovered I am afraid, think your self lucky that you were not towing in the sixties and early seventies as most of the highland roads were like that including the road from inverness to ullapool all 71miles of it

ah those were the days??

colin

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi robert

its not a new problem just discovered I am afraid, think your self lucky that you were not towing in the sixties and early seventies as most of the highland roads were like that including the road from inverness to ullapool all 71miles of it

ah those were the days??

colin
oh and by the way that was with a 16ft van towed behind a 1600 cortina, fun eh??

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Posted on my return from Cornwall about having to reverse twice to let oncoming motorhomes though (arriving before 12 as advised)not easy with a twin axle in a lane.

I didn't even get a thankyou.

Brian

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
A large proportion of motorhomes are on hire to foregn tourists, they also appeal to those who want to get away but don't have the confidence to tow. I certainly would not say all motorhomes have poor drivers but a lot of poor drivers choose motorhomes.

The poor driving skill you observe may be also an effect of our selfish society, take solace in the fact that you have demonstrated that the other driver is a cr*p driver.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
oh and by the way that was with a 16ft van towed behind a 1600 cortina, fun eh??
Hi Colin, also had Alpine C and the 1500cc Cortina ,ours was in blue, bench vynyl seat, gears on stalk.Maybe we saw each other at Ullapool then ,did you see people collecting sea urchins and selling them ? we thought it disgracefull.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts