Window clips, opinions.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi. After repairing a couple of windows that had delaminated I have been thinking of fitting small spring clips around the edges to try and prevent the window sections from seperating again. I have tried a sample of the clip shown in picture, with the flat side on the outside of the window. It fits nicely on the flat edge of the window with no fowling on the seal when closed. The clip is about 1/2" wide so I was thinking of fitting a number of clips around the sides and bottom edges of the windows, 4 or 5 inches apart. They are coated to prevent rust. Any thoughts, good or bad idea?

1922853747_Screenshot_20240425_190929_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.816d9239882130fd005913e1ebc71ee8.jpg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
This is not a problem I have ever had to deal with. But if it is a real problem it appears to be a decent solution. I presume the clips are available commercially and will hold there grip over time.

Something else that might work, or help, is mitre glue. Different makes are available.

mitre glue

John

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I lost a window when towing which I think was down to delamination, caused a dent in the side of the caravan, replaced through insurance. After inspection, I've since re-bonded 2 other windows. I've also been told that this happens with age and with the different temperatures the windows go through, expanding & retracting, the inner panel can stick to the seal and the outer panel tries to move, breaking the joint. I now make sure to open the windows and spray silicone on the seals on a regular basis. I just thought the clips would be belt and braces.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts