A Caravan Bomb

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone heard of these. They are used to filter debris from sink waste water. In my view this water should not go down a drain to a treatment works - a waste of energy and chlorine. Once it is filtered it is perfectly OK to let it soak into the ground. I gather a "bomb" is shaped rather like a rugby ball, it contains a filter and you attach the outlet from the waste to one end and the other just flows out onto the ground. To avoid an angry/moral debate on the rights and wrongs of this - I would only use this on rally sites. I think regularly used caravan sites could end up water-logged and messy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris

There was a similar item available a few years ago (and probably still is), that you filled with grass which then acted as a filter.

I haven't seen them lately so presume that they've died a death. The clubs at the time said that it was against the rules to use them on club sites as you can't discharge waste water onto the sites. Filtered or not. Plus, as you say, it would make heck of a mess of the pitch if used over a week, or even a weekend. Even on a rally field it's not a good idea, depending on what the field is normally used for. Local environmental issues and regulations may also come into play.

There's probably health concerns as well with the grass version, as no doubt the grass was just thrown to the back of the pitch. Grass contaminated with fat and rice and stuff. Good for attracting vermin and generating smells in the summer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts