A Change Ahead for Guests of the Practical Caravan Forums - Ads

SHaines

Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
Greetings, folks!

First off, I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for being part of this community. You've made this forum an absolute pleasure to be a part of, with a passionate group of folks speaking intelligently about things that matter to them. We're grateful to each and every one of you for being here.

Cutting to the chase, there is a change coming soon to the forums for our guests (people who haven't registered for the forums, or are not logged in), in the form of advertisements. Our registered users won't be seeing any changes to their forum experience and these ads will be exclusively for guests. The ads should be integrated into the forums well. If any of them break formatting or cause issues, just call them out and we'll work to get it resolved.

Once we've scheduled the launch of these ads, we'll post an update to this thread and provide all the details, but we'll also integrate answers to your questions into future updates, as we prepare for launch in the next week or two, so feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread.

Questions Answered
  1. Who exactly should be seeing ads?
    1. Anyone visiting the site who isn't logged into a forum account. This means even daily users will see ads if they logout of the forums, or attempt to access them from a different computer. Simply login to your account again and the ads will disappear.
  2. What if I see an ad that's blocking actual content, or is otherwise problematic?
    1. Email community@futurenet.com and let us know. We'll get it fixed as quickly as possible. We'll be watching this very closely as the new ads launch, so this shouldn't be an issue for long, if it pops up at all.
  3. What if I don't want to see ads at all?
    1. Registered forum users do not see any ads, so you can stop them from appearing by registering for the forums. Look for the Register button in the top-right corner of the forums.
  4. I'm logged in but seeing ads. What can I do?
    1. Email community@futurenet.com and let us know. We'll get it fixed as quickly as possible.
      1. You can also contact a Moderator who will then contact a CM, if you prefer.​
Thanks folks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts