A different Planet

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
I stumbled across this after performing a little due diligence on a potential new client and their end users, but was quite astonished to discover what sort of brand new entry level caravan you could expect for £14.5K if you lived in the US ... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Link Here !

It does look to be a little on the heavy side though :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi steve ,
I've actually had the opportunity to have a look in these as when we were at the caravan club rally in driffield in yorkshire in may and everything you could think of stall wise for a caravan or motorhome was there ; and believe it or not there was quite a few of those in your link there too , shorter ones too , when I approached the salesman and asked what would pull them he said any decent 4 x 4 !
Me and the wife and the kids had a look inside them , all I could say was wow ! The attention to detail was amazing .
It was like a static on Wheels !
I wouldn't swap my Major 6 though :lol:

Craig .

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Hi steve ,
We were at the caravan club rally in driffield in yorkshire in may and everything you could think of stall wise for a caravan or motorhome was there ; and believe it or not there was quite a few of those in your link there too , shorter ones too , when I approached the salesman and asked what would pull them he said any decent 4 x 4 !
Me and the wife and the kids had a look inside them , all I could say was wow ! The attention to detail was amazing .
It was like a static on Wheels !
I wouldn't swap my Major 6 though :lol:

Craig .

Yeah, the NEC show is full of fifth wheelers that have similar interiors to this for many tens of thousands, but this example is £14.5K brand new though ! - 2019 model and Standard US tow hitch. 2670KG Dry weight :woohoo:

Edit: After studying the layout, I’m just wondering how those occupying the front queen bed would make use of the Entertainment Centre ! :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Icaru5 said:
I stumbled across this after performing a little due diligence on a potential new client and their end users, but was quite astonished to discover what sort of brand new entry level caravan you could expect for £14.5K if you lived in the US ... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Link Here !

It does look to be a little on the heavy side though :p

Not surprised as US cars are always so much cheaper than the UK versions, and that includes cars made in the US for export. When I worked over in Canada the cars in US were in dollars less than what we paid in pounds, and then there were nearly two dollars to the pound.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I asked a mate of mine who lives in Alaska, how muck his pickup can tow, Oh only 15,000lbs, as it was just a 5.3 litre 700ft lbs of torque.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Raywood said:
Pity about the shipping costs to get it here. With a bit of haggling though who knows what you could get it for.

That’s actually a very good point Ray. Slow boat would obviously be the best option, and it would make for a great setup on a seasonal pitch. :p

Shhhhhh. We just might be on to something here :evil:

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Watched a load of YouTube videos on US Trucks and RVs recently. The towing capacities and weights are ridiculous. 5th Wheel RVs are astronomical and they have more features than my actual house. (More TVs too!) but they are all usually in nasty colours that the Americans seem to go for... Dark wood, beige & old looking styling. The one in OP's link looks ok but I prefer the European caravans.

Cheaper than a UK Airstream though!! https://www.gansenautoandrv.com/rv/riceville+ia/forestriver+fifthwheel/2825/forest+river+cedar+creek+champagne+38el

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shipping costs from USA may be less than you think. I know fold who have shipped a motor van to America for a 3 month tour and it worked out cheaper than renting one, plus you had all your own kit. The shippers fitted a false bulkhead behind the cab and it and the doors etc. were custom sealed- took about 4 weeks. - I think to Newport .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts