A-Frame Cover

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I want to put an A Frame mounted cycle carrier on my Adria Astella.
What is the best way to remove the plastic covering. Are these screwed on, or glued with mastic underneath?
I would like to be able to remove it without causing damage, so that I can replace it when the carrier is removed.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Lappy

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Give the dealers service department a ring.

Different models can vary anyway, my last caravan the cover was screwed on with two screws either side, under plastic caps.

My latest one is different again, but if you jockey wheel is centrally mounted, then this usually has to be removed by fully unscrewing.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The last two which have been continental caravans suitable for an "A" frame bike carrier have been held by two pairs of long vertical machined screws, each pulling on a bent metal clip. The covers I thought were an Al-Ko accessory rather than as common in the UK a van unique cover.
With these sorts of things I find looking with a hand mirror, or taking pictures from underneath with some sort of camera can be very useful.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll have a look underneath and see if I can see any screws holding it in place. The jockey wheel is mounted centrally, but this has its own plastic cover. The A frame cover is independent to this, so will have its own fixings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts