A good site by the sea in the south east

Following the complete silence of my topic on Camber Sands I am trying a different area. I live in far east Kent (Ramsgate) and want a good site by the sea to test out my new awning. I only want to drive about 1 to 2 hours. Can anyone help please. Thanks

Michelle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have a folding camper, try the C&C site at Folkestone (they don't take caravans). The C&C site at Normans Bay is excellent. For non-club locations, try the Fitt Leisure site at Swalecliffe or Reculver - I think they are owned by Barrons now. Swalecliffe is nice - right by the beach, and you can cycle along the sea wall to Whitstable or Herne Bay.

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately they are all a bit too close to home. I work in Folkestone and brought the van from Fitts, and have family and friends in Whitsable and Swalecliff (used to work in swalecliff). So you see its all my stomping ground I need to go a little bit further, Dymchurch, Romney, Rye Hastings, or on the Essez coast. Thanks again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Michelle Sarah, i never saw your bit on camber i was there at Easter when the main sewer burst flooding the site with sewage, and ruining my awning and other things, i am still waiting to hear from Southern water for damages.

I am in ramsgate, have you tried Two Chimneys Near Quex park, if thats to close the New Beach at Dymchurch is a good site with pools and entertainment for the Kids if you email me i can send u pics of the flooding at camber. terrano47@aol.com

Barry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately they are all a bit too close to home. I work in Folkestone and brought the van from Fitts, and have family and friends in Whitsable and Swalecliff (used to work in swalecliff). So you see its all my stomping ground I need to go a little bit further, Dymchurch, Romney, Rye Hastings, or on the Essez coast. Thanks again
Michelle Sarah, Can't help with any sites in South East unfortunately as I come from the frozen North (Lancashire), as the weather people in London keep calling it. P.S> Did the vinegar work???

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
You could try the CC club site at Hythe. It's a little way from the sea, but in nice countryside. Or a bit further along the coast, there's the CC club site at Worthing. That's about two miles from the sea front.

Michelle Sarah, Can't help with any sites in South East unfortunately as I come from the frozen North (Lancashire), as the weather people in London keep calling it. P.S> Did the vinegar work???
We havent tried the vinegar as we havent managed to get to our caravan in the storage area. But this weekend I am going to give it a good clean, so I will try it then. Will let you know how I get on!

Barry I live in Ramsgate too, and my caravan is stored at Two Chimney's so as much as I love it there I want to go a bit further than just outside the compound. Thanks for your advice though, I would thoroughly recommend Two Chimneys for storage as sometimes we cant even get in there to get to our van!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barry I live in Ramsgate too, and my caravan is stored at Two Chimney's so as much as I love it there I want to go a bit further than just outside the compound. Thanks for your advice though, I would thoroughly recommend Two Chimneys for storage as sometimes we cant even get in there to get to our van!
i use to store there Sarah, but found it to expensive and they don't let you pay by direct debit, which hit the pocket somewhat i store off the Haine Road now closer to home to..

i use to store there Sarah, but found it to expensive and they don't let you pay by direct debit, which hit the pocket somewhat i store off the Haine Road now closer to home to..
Do you store it in the road opposite Westwood Cross? I've seen vans there (manston court rd). How much? do they have spaces? They have extra extra security at Two Chimneys and sometimes it's difficult to get the van in or out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts