A plea to the Moderator

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We now have ample evidence of the hijack tactics of the anti brigade.

I feel they are making a mockery of this forum.

God knows I enjoy a good debate and can easily hold my own in such - but surely this is a CARAVAN forum NOT ONE WHERE INDIVIDUALS WITH EXTREME VIEWS SHOULD BE ABLE TO ADVOCATE THE BANNING OF ANYTHING !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To right, I had a comment removed because I was fed up with a user lying and claiming I'd made comments I'd never made (Remember Education/4x4), the moderator had done nothing about these, so out of utter disbelief I asked if he was thick, I really believe and still do that this was a reasonable question considering the comments he had made about me that the moderator had failed deal with.

I am honestly starting to think there is a bias with the moderator; he/she seems to be very selective in what is OK and what is not or more, who is making these comments. This needs to change.

I suspect this comment will be remove as it will probably be considered a personal attack on the moderator

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think that now the forum is "real time", the moderator needs to be a lot more active and take a harder line in a lot of cases. Its a tough job, but moderators aren't there to make friends, they are there to uphold the "law".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have stopped using this forum so much recently as I find the constant bickering between members a bit of a drain. I have commented on a couple of items, but to be honest, I've had enough of the forum and probably will just browse and read if at all.

I much preferred the forum when it was a simple question and answer session for people with problems rather than attitudes.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
It would appear that the overwhelming majority of genuine users of this forum are utterly sick of simple questions being hijacked by stinky and co for theire own amusement. it is impossible to post any question relating to 4x4 towcars without either of them completely and childishly ruining it, please moderater, remove these two from the forum and remove all the posts that they have hijacked maybee then we can get back to some sort of normality. yes i know either of them could just re-register with a different e-mail but just maybee by the time they have done it they may have grown up a bit and realised that other users are utterly sick to the teeth of them both.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I think the lack of a response from the moderator says a lot.

I like Janet, don't use the forum as much as I would like for fear that a minority will try and use or twist it for their own fun.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can not help thinking a little action is now required.

The hijacking of sensible threads as outlined above is really getting beyond a joke.

In comparrison other Forums that have a go at us caravanners demonstrate nothing like the vindictivness and bile of those that seemed determined to push our views of the Forum.

The above silly input from Stinky just about says it all to me - He would rather the thread be wiped than have anything remotely supportive of 4x4's appearing.

What does that say for freedom of speach??

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Her's another regular forum watcher who is cheesed at the often childish comments/snipping and imaturity of a seemingly popular half dozen.

Most people want to ask advise because they are genuinely unsure of themselves and certainly don't need the C**P that flies around especially on the general forum.

Seems we need a bit more moderation to bring the site back from toilet humor!!

Failing that book a holiday for the culprits so we can go back to sensible discussion, and become the popular helpfull site that runs alongside the magazines guidelines.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For those that may have not noticed the moderator IS now taking action. So, a quick thank you to the moderator.

Hopefully this will stop the sillyness re-emerging.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
as usual with most forums the majority of subscribers are there because they wish to contribute to the topics raised and learn from others their experiences and knowledge gained.

Also as usually you get contributers who only like to interfere with discussions in a insulting and patronising fashion and I suspect that if they met the group in the flesh they would be persons who would contribute least, particularly if the meeting was through the chair.

I consider that these people are hecklers of the worst kind and honest contributers should ignore there childish contributions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts