A risk assessment too far?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One of the cooker control knobs had come off last week and my wife admitted to seeing a bit off shiny metal on the floor. That bit of metal is on its way to some recycling facility. So I bought three new control knobs. But seriously wonder whether I should fit them. Experience with a wide range of prime movers and pressurised systems didn’t prepare me for life in a caravan. :whistle:

ACB34-AD8-A4-DE-4-B9-B-A2-CA-8-AF11-D1-ECDC9.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
One of ours fell off our new Major 6 about the September time after we bought it in May , we had just come back from Holland and I had put my wife up on the CL site for the week with the kids and I was at work a few days and the oven one come off ! It was only them little metal bits in the middle but had come out but had lost the tightness for it to be pushed in and turned but I picked one backup from where we got it from at Catterick on the way back down to Yorkshire under warranty when I met back up with her .

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
My knobs are still affixed :blink: but the screws which hold the oven (I'm hoping its just a trim panel or fascia to be honest) in place are coming out again.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Never had the problem with the caravan but it has happened with the domestic one. Both seem to have the same fitting system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts