A sad example of why passengers are not allowed in Caravans while they are being towed

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I did once stop a car and caravan at about 03:00 It was en route to the west country. Two small children about 6 or 7 in the caravan. One was waving at me through the caravans back window :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

The car owner, and father of the children was VERY upset when I booked him !!
I dont recall what the court fined him, but it was a lot of money.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I did once stop a car and caravan at about 03:00 It was en route to the west country. Two small children about 6 or 7 in the caravan. One was waving at me through the caravans back window :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

The car owner, and father of the children was VERY upset when I booked him !!
I dont recall what the court fined him, but it was a lot of money.
😲 Would rather hope that Social Services also took an interest
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm astonished to learn that it's apparently legal in eleven U.S. states, although not New York, where this happened. Utter madness!
Do you remember the "Bendy busses" which were trialled in some cities in the UK? They had to have special laws created to allow them to be used, because they are busses with trailers for carrying passengers, which general UK Road Traffic Regulations dissallow. But they are a more common sight abroad, where Regulations are different.

It makes me wonder how many UK carnival trailers break the law!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The article and the Airstream advice is perfectly correct. Travelling in a caravan is extremely dangerous and with the limited suspension pretty uncomfortable. Takes a certain level of stupidity to do that.

TRENDING THREADS