A very lucky escape!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I doubt steadies would have saved the caravan. Probably the only thing would be ground anchors, but as it is on a paved area these would not be feasible.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I doubt steadies would have saved the caravan. Probably the only thing would be ground anchors, but as it is on a paved area these would not be feasible.
However the wind may not have turned over the caravan if the steadies were down, just shifted it and blown it against the unit parked next to it. Caravan does not seem that old possibly about 10-12 years old?

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I would just point out the the initial subject of this thread involved a motorhome not a caravan and as such woud be a far heavier item.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
When friends and neighbours of ours were renovating their house they lived in a static caravan on site. Within days of completion a storm blew through and demolished it, spreading it far and wide.

The power of wind can be hard to believe unless you've experienced it.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I sense that you are not convinced that strong winds could blow over a static motorhome. Rather than trying a counter argument I will post this link to a NZ motorhome being blown over.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU5_GeoF5Gk
There is a very big difference between a vehicle in motion being blown over and one being blown over when static. I have witnessed a truck being blown over directly in front of me during a period of high wind so fully accept it happens

We each have are views and opinions in regards to the event that led to this thread, and I, like you, have merely voiced mine. Without a lot more information in respect of this particular incident its impossible to know if any of us are right OR wrong.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a very big difference between a vehicle in motion being blown over and one being blown over when static. I have witnessed a truck being blown over directly in front of me during a period of high wind so fully accept it happens

We each have are views and opinions in regards to the event that led to this thread, and I, like you, have merely voiced mine. Without a lot more information in respect of this particular incident its impossible to know if any of us are right OR wrong.
The motorhome in the video looks to be stationary.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts