Aaargh..... storage fees!

Apr 20, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, just have to vent...... as I am absolutely furious! :-[

I have just heard from the site where we have stored our caravan for the last 4 years. Our storage fees are paid twice a year on 1st April & 1st October.

This letter informs me that the site is now under new ownership, and that storage fees are not only to be paid annually, but have also gone up by over 60% !!!!

As today is the 26th March it doesn't give me much time to find alternative storage - as I certainly don't have the money.

I'm not sure how they can justify the extra charge - perhaps my caravan would have its own personal guard every night?

Aaarghh.....................

G

While I am sympathetic you do not really give any idea of the actual costs, which is fair enough. However, it does mean that no one can say if you are indeed now being charged a rip off price, or that your last costs were very attractive, and now you are paying the market rate.

From comments on the Forum annual costs average between 300-400 pounds (inc VAT at 17.5%) so do not know if you are in that 'ball park'.

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
While I am sympathetic you do not really give any idea of the actual costs, which is fair enough. However, it does mean that no one can say if you are indeed now being charged a rip off price, or that your last costs were very attractive, and now you are paying the market rate.

From comments on the Forum annual costs average between 300-400 pounds (inc VAT at 17.5%) so do not know if you are in that 'ball park'.
Hi Andrea.

We pay

Apr 20, 2006
Visit site
We're in Devon - although the van is kept in cornwall.

I have rung the new owners to find out just what I'm going to get to justify the increase - and I'm getting nothing different! Although he informs me that the price increase brings this site nearly into line with the prices charged at their other site.

I've rung a couple of local storage sites, all of whom have had calls from other people who store where we do!! They have us over a barrel, as we have to store the van somewhere, and storage sites aren't particularly common round here!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This realy should have been posted under Insurance, security and storage

But whilst it is here, I shall say again that caravan storage sites seem to be licence to print money. For the rates that have been mentioned, the site should be indemnifying your caravan against loss or damage whilst in their care. - I bet they don't.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrea

I'm also in Devon, at Dawlish.

If this is within your area, there is plenty of space at the storeage site I use, indoors and out. If you want more info please let me know and I'll get my email address to you via the mods.

I used to store at Trewince Farm caravan park near Padstow. The charges used to be very reasonable and they would do it on a monthly basis if required. They would even tow the van out onto a pitch so I didn't have to use the Gas guzzler to drive down for the weekend. Nice people nice site, nice area.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Valerie That is similar to what we pay in Essex for a similar site.....

We pay yearly and it has just gone up (understandably) as we have just got a bigger van so needed a 8m plot.

Apr 20, 2006
Visit site
Dear All,

Seems like storage can be seen as a licence to print money, with prices and facilities varying widely!

Dan's right - you do need to shop around, but preferably without having a 5 day deadline hanging over your head!!

Thank you to all those who suggested storage facilities in Devon and Cornwall - we have thankfully found somewhere not too far away. The cost is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear All,

Seems like storage can be seen as a licence to print money, with prices and facilities varying widely!

Dan's right - you do need to shop around, but preferably without having a 5 day deadline hanging over your head!!

Thank you to all those who suggested storage facilities in Devon and Cornwall - we have thankfully found somewhere not too far away. The cost is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts