Abandoned by husband!

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi all! My name is Kellie and I'm a caravanner! Well a new one anyway.Haven't really been abandoned in the normal sense of the word. Husband (Jude) spent months, years talking me into buying a caravan having spent two brilliant holidays in France in a mobile home. He was very persuasive in his arguments and we bought a sterckeman starlett a couple of months ago, since then me and the caravan are on our own! From finding out to how things work to where we go and how we get there is my job! When I say what do you think of this or that he just shrugs and says "ah we'll be grand"! So Thank You to everyone on this forum to have helped me out without even knowing it and I'm sure you will be hearing alot more from me!

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Kellie.

I spent several years convincing Rob to buy a caravan and he finally relented last year. However, our purchase came with strings attached. He didn't want to tow and said I'd have to do it. Thinking he was joking, I agreed but he wasn't! He's had a go at towing, doesn't like it so now it's my job, along with deciding where to go, when to go, what route to take, oh, and organising and packing the caravan for us and our 3 boys! He just comes home from work on the designated day and gives me his shoes and shaver to pack! He does like getting the caravan out (we've got a motor mover - boys and their toys!) and will help to hitch up etc but then it's into the passenger seat for him. We do share jobs on site and he empties the toilet but I have to keep giving him a nudge when things need doing. All this said though, I absolutely love having the caravan and don't regret getting one at all.

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome Claire! At least I don't have to tow Jude is all gung-ho for that! Have a few week-ends planned for not to far from where we are before the "Big One" in France for July. So I am looking forwad to that and hopefully we'll have a bit more knowledge under our belts.Kids are mad to get into it, They even want to sleep in it in the back garden! Will let you know how we get on. Kellie

TLC

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Just thought I'd let you know that you are not alone on the 'husband abandoned status'!!! Due to work commitments hubby comes with us for the 1st day or so then he goes off to work leaving the kids & me for a couple of days then returns. He also lets me sort everything & says just before we leave 'Have you got my toothbrush?' We only bought our 1st caravan last October after I twisted his arm up his back!! I don't mind at all because the kids & I love caravanning & when he gets there he does actually really relax & enjoy himself, even if I too have to nudge him to empty the loo!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts