Abbey GTS 215-Solar panel plug in point?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there, has anybody got a 2005 model year Abbey GTS Vogue with a solar panel plug in point? Apparently, on our 'van it's in the offside seatbox adjacent to the battery box. Both my wife and I have looked for it with no success, it would kinda help if we knew what the chuffin' thing looked like! Could any of you people please help us out here, PLEASE ???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan I have a new swift 2005 with the same solar panel plug believe it or not you should look for a cigerette lighter plug as that is all it is. I had to check with dealer its a posh name for a 12v lighter socket . If you have a solar panel you just plug it in & it will charge batt. Hope this helps . Swiftman.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Aha! That explains a lot, we don't have one! The boys (and girls) at Abbey would appear to have forgotten to fit it. D'oh! Thanks for taking the time to reply, swiftman.Cheers, Alan D.

Mar 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

We picked up a new sterling 2 weeks ago the service manager asked with a smile do you know what this grommit is for (no)

its to feed your solor panel lead. At the side of it you will find a little two pin connector which you plug your panel into. it will be located next to your batteriey box. you can't do it through a lighter socket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

We picked up a new sterling 2 weeks ago the service manager asked with a smile do you know what this grommit is for (no)

its to feed your solor panel lead. At the side of it you will find a little two pin connector which you plug your panel into. it will be located next to your batteriey box. you can't do it through a lighter socket.
Hello again seems we are all being told differant tales regarding solar plug I just know van should come with socket fitted & dealer said that lighter socket was used for that purpose or as a 12v supply > I have fixed bed model & socket is next to ariel socket in tv locker. Good luck swiftman.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts