Abbey gts 416

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi I have an abbey gts 416 2007 model. New caravan owner 👋🏼
We used the caravan first weekend no problems. Second time out the battery doesn’t seem to be charging anymore when caravan is hooked up to mains. We’ve replaced the battery think it was due to age but it just drains when in use. When I’ve been googling I can’t find this model for the fuse diagram can anybody help?
I’ve got a feeling it might be the charger but on other forums it’s suggesting there is a rocker switch. I can’t find one in this van, is there even one?
And also the tap has started leaking 🙄 around the base, any quick repairs for this weekend?

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0960.jpeg
    IMG_0960.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
A tap leaking around the base in a caravan of that age tends to point to a rubber/neoprene "O" ring within the tap having failed. Some are replaceable IF you can get the tap apart. A much quicker fix is a new tap from screwfix or similar, but only if your water system is pressurised. If there are a couple of thin wires coming out of the base of the tap then it's a microswitch system and needs the same type (which screwfix dont do) as a replacement.

As for your battery issue have a search through the forum, its a pretty common issue with a myriad of causes, so loads of suggestions/help/advice to be found

Reactions: Laura.O.
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I do not feel there is enough info for anyone to diagnose your electrical issues. I feel it needs researching by someone with a multimeter and some electrical knowledge. It could be a number of things. But any suggestions would be guesswork.

John

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The power supply you have had a bad reputation for reliability. If it is faulty there's a company who make much better replacements. It’s been mentioned many times on the forum. It’s Apuljack. See link below. They are always willing to discuss issues.

Jun 18, 2024
Visit site
The power supply you have had a bad reputation for reliability. If it is faulty there's a company who make much better replacements. It’s been mentioned many times on the forum. It’s Apuljack. See link below. They are always willing to discuss issues.

Yea found that out this afternoon from other posts on the forum. I’ve sent an email too Apuljack. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS