Abbey Spectrum 416 Water System

Aug 12, 2018
Visit site
Help please. Our new (used) Abbey Spectrum 416 has a Truma Ultraflow inlet, an on-board pump, tank and separate water heater.
The pump works when the taps are opened. But it won't draw water in from the aquaroll.
There are no online switches. I have been over every inch of the system. The only thing I can see is a servo controlled solenoid on the inflow. Could this be broken?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Neil, I find with the Truma system, at times if I plug the pump into the caravan and then drop the pump into the Aqua roll, I get an airlock, so I drop the pump in first then connect to the van. Hope this may help you.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Neil , make sure when your water inlet is in the aqua roll that it is not curled round and the water inlet is out of the water at the top of the aqua roll just to sucking air .

Craig .

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello Neil, as I have a Abbey Spectrum 535, I hope that the water systems are similar. On the control panel above the door there is a three-way water control switch: centre position=off, up=from onboard tank, down= from aqua roll. Above the main electrical control panel there is a well hidden on-board tank fill switch. There is also an on-board fill valve (under the front seats) to divert the incoming water into the on-board tank.

I always use the on-board tank when I am sited as it's 40 ltr capacity plus the back-up aqua roll will last me two days if required. I leave the on-board tank fill switch permanently on and have fitted an isolator switch near the aqua roll pump connector, this allows me to stop the fill pump when the tank is full i.e. overflows.

I hope that this is some use to you. Regards Liam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts