Abbey Vogue 495 Ceiling Lights

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have the large round ones, the shade is held by three small tabs , press the edges of the shade inwards and it should pop off.

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
null2_zpsx6iknkwg.jpg

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just a thought ..
I would put some tape onto the screw head and grip it gently with some mole grips and feel for it to move, i should imagine that there will be a nylon / plastic insert between the glass and the screws to stop vibration and help them stay in place, if there is, don't loose them when you put it back together and don't over tighten them....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The screw fastenings should only be finger tight, just unscrew them with one hand , support the flat shade with the other and replace after you have changed to bulbs if that's the reason for taking the shade off.

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
Sproket said:
Just a thought ..
I would put some tape onto the screw head and grip it gently with some mole grips and feel for it to move, i should imagine that there will be a nylon / plastic insert between the glass and the screws to stop vibration and help them stay in place, if there is, don't loose them when you put it back together and don't over tighten them....

Many thanks that helped as they were far too tight.

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
Parksy said:
The screw fastenings should only be finger tight, just unscrew them with one hand , support the flat shade with the other and replace after you have changed to bulbs if that's the reason for taking the shade off.
Obviously it should be like that but for some reason they were over tightened, thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They were probably as tight as they were due to vibrating loose during travel, which if not tight enough, they will do.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
They were probably as tight as they were due to vibrating loose during travel, which if not tight enough, they will do.

I take your point Damian. We had an Abbey 495 before we got the 620 which has the same light fittings.
The screw fittings need to be tight enough to ensure that the flat shade stays put but not tight enough to crack it which is why I've never used anything other than my fingers to tighten mine.
They've never budged but maybe my fingers are strong through years of guitar playing? :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts