ABI Nighstar Shower tap

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
Bit stuck here, got a leaky shower tap, we have the head sitting in a jug which needs empting quite often. I was hoping to be able to replace the cartridge, but can’t find a way of getting to it ….. nor can I find anything on the web that looks like a suitable replacement tap, The van is an ABI Nightstar, but I have no idea what year… the data plate only gives a serial number… old though….
I have a couple of pics, but didn’t fully remove the tap from its cubby hole not wanting it disconnect the output hose, until I’d got hold of some PFTE tape, just in case. As the images show, all connections are on the back, the two push fit inputs and a screw thread output. The hole is 5.5 cms.
And I would quite like to avoid paying too much to fix the problem of course… £70 plus seems to be the going rate for this sort of item, on this old van seems a bit steep…
All thoughts, hints, clues or general wisdoms will be most welcome
Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_144300.jpg
    IMG_20200104_144300.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200104_144250.jpg
    IMG_20200104_144250.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not sure of the make of the tap, but it looks like either Reich or Comet, but a very early one.
To get to the cartridge the blue and red indicators need to be removed very carefully, under those is a screw which will allow you to investigate more.

However, I have not seen this type of tap for a long time and to replace , if that is necessary, will entail modifications .

It may be helpful to know the serial number of the van to get a closer idea of age.

Jan 4, 2020
Visit site
I am not sure of the make of the tap, but it looks like either Reich or Comet, but a very early one.
To get to the cartridge the blue and red indicators need to be removed very carefully, under those is a screw which will allow you to investigate more.

However, I have not seen this type of tap for a long time and to replace , if that is necessary, will entail modifications .

It may be helpful to know the serial number of the van to get a closer idea of age.

thanks for that, useful info, the serial no is SG75AWAABT0295576 ......

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that.
According to the number you gave your van was made between September 1995 and August 1996, making it a 96 year model.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You could try caravan breakers to see if anyone has the part. The tap should be common to all caravans ABI made that year with a shower and possibly other years. There is a firm SFM Caravans who stock lots of parts from broken caravans who might be worth trying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts