About time the CAMC woke up!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Even as a frequent user of 5 van sites I have yet to come across a CL or CS that required or possibly could accept a card payment, almost without exception it is cash.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Even as a frequent user of 5 van sites I have yet to come across a CL or CS that required or possibly could accept a card payment, almost without exception it is cash.
I have used many over the years, with no problem.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Got in contact with Northwood caravan and holiday park ask them about a deposit she does BACS but we are not into that so she told me in a day or two she getting a new card machine and wants to try that out .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Except where the site is operated under the systems employed by the clubs or larger companies, there isn't a standard or requirement for the means of accepting payments. So its entirely possible that some sites may still use cash , and others cards or BAK's or a combination of methods.

To find out how any site operates you will need to check their advertisements or contact them to find out.

However cash is falling out of favour for a variety of reasons, registered companies tend to prefer cards or BAK's as it automatically sets up a paper trail for accounting purposes.

Where cash only is accepted, which I'd imaging is pretty rare these days, it always leaves me wondering if there's a tax evasion being practiced, and also does that imply there may be other short comings regarding licences, safety and insurance etc.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Where cash only is accepted, which I'd imaging is pretty rare these days, it always leaves me wondering if there's a tax evasion being practiced, and also does that imply there may be other short comings regarding licences, safety and insurance etc.

Hang on a bit ! You are supposed to be on holiday, why do you waste your time "wondering" how your site fee is being spent.

As long as you get what you pay for , ie a pitch with or without certain facilities, and you leave in one piece, what concern is it of yours what the site owner spends the money on.

The time to worry about things are when they directly affect you, and there are much worse things to worry about,,,,,,,,,,believe me !!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My own experiences the last 20 months is that most places don’t want cash because of C-19 cross contamination . The last person who used enevelopes lost his MP job🤪🤪

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been to a number of sites over 2021 and with this in mind we have been requested by some to remain in our car, present the money which was in an envelope for safe keeping. This present situation has had people think and so we have done as the people have asked us to do each time.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We use BACs for most of the CLs we visit and there has been no issue. We prefer not o use cheques and even rallies are now allowing you to do a BACs transfer for payment, but you still have the option of paying on arrival.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we were at Malvern on our last break the owner sent me there bank details but i was not sure how to do BACs and she said you can pay cash on arrival and that what we did

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Odd topic. I don’t think there is one of the 35 posts following the OP that has referenced that the CAMC may be taking deposits! But to continue the trend. BAC’s Credit or Debit cards, even cash are all methods we use. But have not seen a cheque book for years.

John

• Wow
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Odd topic. I don’t think there is one of the 35 posts following the OP that has referenced that the CAMC may be taking deposits! But to continue the trend. BAC’s Credit or Debit cards, even cash are all methods we use. But have not seen a cheque book for years.

John
Until CC announces something tangible about deposits, there's nothing to discuss that hasn't been said before.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

John
According to sources it is mentioned in their magazine and apparently on their forum?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

John
Isn't the link in post 1 sufficient reference as it comes from CMHC. What more is required?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Isn't the link in post 1 sufficient reference as it comes from CMHC. What more is required?

I did say the 35 posts AFTER the OP. But sometimes the replies stay on topic, 😁. All in this case ventured off. It bothers me not at all which is why my post was tounge in cheek.

I wondered if it was a record for being off topic.

John

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I did say the 35 posts AFTER the OP. But sometimes the replies stay on topic, 😁. All in this case ventured off. It bothers me not at all which is why my post was tounge in cheek.

I wondered if it was a record for being off topic.

John
Thankyou John.
CAMC and deposits has been done to death for years on here. Personally I couldn’t give a stuff. More than ten years ago , wanting a two week trip to Chatsworth and told I could only have a Monday to Friday I looked elsewhere. Now I have a selection of superb even better CLs and private sites. FSPs

Reactions: Jcloughie and Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Thankyou John.
CAMC and deposits has been done to death for years on here. Personally I couldn’t give a stuff. More than ten years ago , wanting a two week trip to Chatsworth and told I could only have a Monday to Friday I looked elsewhere. Now I have a selection of superb even better CLs and private sites. FSPs
I think that dealing with the "conflict" between weekenders and longer-term visitors is of higher importance than the issue of deposits, although the introduction of deposits would help slightly. It wouldn't be a big deal for CC's IT to devise a system of retaining some pitches for longer term bookings.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I think that dealing with the "conflict" between weekenders and longer-term visitors is of higher importance than the issue of deposits, although the introduction of deposits would help slightly. It wouldn't be a big deal for CC's IT to devise a system of retaining some pitches for longer term bookings.
[/QUOTE
Exactly what we asked for years ago. Fell on deaf ears. Us old lags found superior alternatives.

Reactions: Jcloughie

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The clubs IT is not up to scratch and has been poor for years. Any management organisation which can preside over such a shambles as that website for so long must also get the wooden spoon.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been to the Chatsworth caravan site and also another one at Buxton (Grin Low) and stopped for a full week at each but it was some years ago but after (Buckman) gave me the list of the Serviced CC & CL pitches we have decided to explored more areas and very reasonable and good value for the money

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have been to the Chatsworth caravan site and also another one at Buxton (Grin Low) and stopped for a full week at each but it was some years ago but after (Buckman) gave me the list of the Serviced CC & CL pitches we have decided to explored more areas and very reasonable and good value for the money
I never found Buxton a problem but Chatsworth or York……..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts