About time the CAMC woke up!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The clubs IT is not up to scratch and has been poor for years. Any management organisation which can preside over such a shambles as that website for so long must also get the wooden spoon.
Are you sure you have the right club? The C&CC web site is possibly still in the stone age. The CAMH one is far superior and I have never had any problems with it, and the latest updates will help even more.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure you have the right club? The C&CC web site is possibly still in the stone age. The CAMH one is far superior and I have never had any problems with it, and the latest updates will help even more.
I agree with Ern regarding the CAMC website which is still in the stone age and suffers from constant breakdowns. Going by forum posts it seems I am not alone with the issue. Also their geography knowledge needs updating. However the C&CC is even worse when trying to find CS sites which is another reason why we abandoned the C&CC.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Two CAMC bookings this year were easy . But was hard was navigating the site eg trying to see the location layout . It does what it has to but is certainly imo not as user friendly or as informative as U.K. Campsites.
I always read people’s reviews. If they have taken the bother to write them you can assume say 80% of the time they are reasonably stated.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I never found Buxton a problem but Chatsworth or York……..

Curious. Only been to Chatsworth from those 3 but it was problem free, just had to make sure you timed it right. What were the issues you encountered. Or do you mean trying to get a booking?

John

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Yes I'm sure. Actually, we are members of both clubs. The website search facility for Sites and CL's uses ancient technology not fit for purpose. The complaints are endless. If you use those two facilities, for example, how can you defend them?

Reactions: Bluetonic
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Curious. Only been to Chatsworth from those 3 but it was problem free, just had to make sure you timed it right. What were the issues you encountered. Or do you mean trying to get a booking?

John
Following Dusty and Beachball comments re booking a break at the sites is problematic. In October 2020 I tried Chatsworth for later May 2021 but no chance at Chatsworth every weekend was booked, as was Castletown too. The CMHC long period booking system was a problem ever since it was set up given the 72 hour cancel period. No use to anyone who cannot commit themselves 12 months ahead.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I drove to Castleton, just for the day, the warden told me that weekends were always fully booked, but he would normally have cancelations on the Friday. ( 3 years ago. )

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Following Dusty and Beachball comments re booking a break at the sites is problematic. In October 2020 I tried Chatsworth for later May 2021 but no chance at Chatsworth every weekend was booked, as was Castletown too. The CMHC long period booking system was a problem ever since it was set up given the 72 hour cancel period. No use to anyone who cannot commit themselves 12 months ahead.

It is a fact that Chatsworth and others can be difficult to book. I was lucky to get on there but covid may have helped. However, I had difficulty planning the whole holiday so sites could run consecutively due to Buxton being full. Had to keep going back to find a cancellation. We rarely book far in advance so I would be in favour of deposits if it deterred people booking only to cancel.

John

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This thread has gone so far off topic that it is no longer relevant to the original and as such is now closed down to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts