abrdn…. How to pronounce it?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Who in branding comes up with stupid brand names.
To support its global image Standard Life Aberdeen plc is rebranding its name to “ abrdn” and the letter that I received actually tells me how to pronounce the new name.……….it is pronounced “Aberdeen “. Wonder how much of dividends went towards that imaginative change. Might trot down to William Hill to place a bet on how long the new name will last. Probably about as long as that weird name the Post Office adopted, that fell flat quite quickly. Consignia although it did have an element of sense about it, and wasn’t confusing to pronounce.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
To support its global image Standard Life Aberdeen plc is rebranding its name to “ abrdn” and the letter that I received actually tells me how to pronounce the new name.……….it is pronounced “Aberdeen “. Wonder how much of dividends went towards that imaginative change. Might trot down to William Hill to place a bet on how long the new name will last. Probably about as long as that weird name the Post Office adopted, that fell flat quite quickly. Consignia although it did have an element of sense about it, and wasn’t confusing to pronounce.
ABRDN is its ticker symbol...

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
What’s that?

Their letterheads etc will be changing and website to align. Okay I guess if you are a stockbroker. 😃
It's the acronym that you use when looking up stock prices... e.g. TSCO is Tesco. Most look up prices on line these days and you need those acronyms

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As a feĺlow, forum member said, I am gattin married, the morn, Thats great, a richt posh thing then ? AYE, am wèaring ma kilt , wahts the Tartin, oh she's wearing white. .

Heads down. Incoming.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
How about "LDN"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its a lng knwn tctc of rmvng th intrmtnt vwls whch in mst css stll allws th wrd to b rcgnsd, tht svd lttr cnt in mssgs.

I doubt the company will be able to claim unique copyright or trade mark on the acronym ABRDN as it has been applied to the city on many previous occasions.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Steady boy and girls, you must have seen these abreviatons when they are on the roads, towards where you want to go. Glster, Shmptn, etc.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts