ABSOLUTE NUTTER

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im going to take the 5th on that one. ;)

Dont suppose its occured, but towing at that speed behind a transit van.......................anyone else on my wavelength. Anyone lost a caravan recently?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Im going to take the 5th on that one. ;)

Dont suppose its occured, but towing at that speed behind a transit van.......................anyone else on my wavelength. Anyone lost a caravan recently?
Clocked it straight away.
The same ones who can be seen towing at speed in the outside carriageway on motorways.
They don't care if the caravan comes to grief, they can easily get another one.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Ah !! but which "moron"? the one overtaking exceeding the speed limit, or the other not wanting to let that happen, in my view there are two "morons"
I think your name calling is very childish, yes in the grand scheme of things i should have pulled back but reading a speed of 75 max which actually on my gps is no more than 73mph on a 70mph section of dual carriageway is no great crime.

As a forum it is supposed to be helpful not disrespectful on a public platform .

Everyone has there opinions but many are not always correct.👍

Reactions: Mel
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
... back but reading a speed of 75 max which actually on my gps is no more than 73mph on a 70mph section of dual carriageway is no great crime.
The speed limit was 70mph Speed limits have no margin of error in the law, Do you deemed yourself to be above the law?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Reactions: Fraseb01
Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Its nice to b nice , no point calling names and disrespecting people, manners cost nothing , the age range in here you would think most were still at school.

Power seems to go to some heads.👍

Reactions: Anseo and Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday we decided to *** into Inverness from our site at Grantown on Spey, during the drive up the A9 i decided to overtake a fellow caravaner.

As we were passing him he put the foot down i was still overtaking and reading 70 , we got passed and signaled in to my amazement he overtook us , i was still reading 75 ish but slowing down he still blasted away into the distance 80 plus at least.

The crazy thing was he was towing a t/a with a transit van 🙈🙈.

Not shy at all , gives caravaners a bad name .

I bet you wish that you had never mentioned the incident with all the "I never exceeded the speed limit in my life" people jumping down your throat.
It is quite easy to exceed the speed limit in these circumstances as you are watching the road and NOT the speedo.
Do these other people watch their speedo instead of the road as that they are a bigger danger on the road!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone on on this forum never exceeded the speed limit in their lives whether purposely or accidentally? Somehow I doubt whether they would be telling the truth!
I would agree with the above statement about speed limits, not many of us could honestly say that they've never exceeded a speed limit.
I'd also state that not many of us could honestly say that they've never called anybody a name.
An aspect of driving that many of us have experienced is under discussion here, and we all deal with different situations in different ways for good or ill.
If this thread is going to descend into a finger wagging session I'll reluctantly have to lock it.
This is a caravan forum, not a law enforcement agency, so let's all take a deep breath, count to ten and tell our war stories while we learn from our own and others mistakes.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I am ok with it all, just shows the true colours of the forum, which to be honest i have found very helpful and interesting.

But if others want to use it as a preaching platform so be it.

Yes i have done things out with the law , 73mph hands up , not saw a red light and braked late etc.

I support all you guys who have never done wrong or misjudged any situation.

But i have manners and would never slate people or name call anyone.

Does that make me a Moron or a bad person?

I will leave it at that .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I am ok with it all, just shows the true colours of the forum, which to be honest i have found very helpful and interesting.

But if others want to use it as a preaching platform so be it.

Yes i have done things out with the law , 73mph hands up , not saw a red light and braked late etc.

I support all you guys who have never done wrong or misjudged any situation.

But i have manners and would never slate people or name call anyone.

Does that make me a Moron or a bad person?

I will leave it at that .
It's unfortunate that you used the word 'Nutter' in your title Frase, it seems to have left the door open for other slightly derogatory terms to have been used.
We're all perfect saints who never put a foot wrong when sitting anonymously behind a computer keyboard, but real life as we all know is never quite as straightforward.
As I mentioned earlier, I don't want to start locking topics, so it's time to move on now.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
So before we move on Parksy whats your opinion on keyboard warriors that have mod status being derogatory?

Surly having the privilege of being a mod one should be more respectful .

One wrong doesn't make it ok to be publicly slated.

Or is this a case as do as i say not as i do.🤔

I have noticed this on other posts it is not a nice situation for someone who might not be so thick skinned .

We wonder why not so many younger generation here, think we all know why .😜

Reactions: Buckman
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Getting a bit tedious guys, cant we just draw a line under this. We all speed, sometimes deliberately and sometimes accidentally (lack of concentration). Show me someone that says he never does and I wont believe him. Two wrongs dont make a right, but the actions of one in my opinion were more likely to cause an accident than the other. Dont really see what else can be said in this topic.

Reactions: Hutch and Buckman

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So before we move on Parksy whats your opinion on keyboard warriors that have mod status being derogatory?

Surly having the privilege of being a mod one should be more respectful .

One wrong doesn't make it ok to be publicly slated.

Or is this a case as do as i say not as i do.🤔

I have noticed this on other posts it is not a nice situation for someone who might not be so thick skinned .

We wonder why not so many younger generation here, think we all know why .😜
I've already given my opinion Frase.
Everybody has done what we accuse others of at some stage.
If you were hoping to create a situation whereby one moderator starts to cast aspersions about a fellow moderator, forget it because it isn't going to happen.
Everybody has a flash of temper now and then, do you imagine that I sit here passing judgement on this childish stuff while I'm polishing my halo, or do you imagine that I swear out of earshot of Herself, roll my eyes heavenwards and suppress the urge to deliver a cutting response to somebody who seems to be trying to goad forum moderators who are only human?
This topic is now locked as indicated earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS