Access to CL or 5 van sites

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
For me CL's should give a rating on access.
We have walked past several that towing our caravan to would be mission impossible.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
For me CL's should give a rating on access.
We have walked past several that towing our caravan to would be mission impossible.
The Caravan Club requires CLs to identify any entrances less than 10 foot wide - in addition, following the published site directions should avoid any difficult directional approaches.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
"Driving" the immediate route on Google maps street view probably helps as much as anything.

What one driver with whatever unit they have finds challenging, others of us with our level of expertise and unit, might agree or find little difficulties with, so adding a written description probably does more to put people off than anything else.
I recall driving up to a French site that in the then CC's European Guide, one member said was a difficult climb, we failed completely to see any issue whatsoever, their car must have been grossly overloaded or clapped, certainly not one suited for towing.
A few seconds looking at a very narrow lane on Google, ought to give the member with the 8 foot wide, near the legal limit long, twin axle, more than a hint this site might be difficult; enough to ring and ask anyway.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Caravan Club requires CLs to identify any entrances less than 10 foot wide - in addition, following the published site directions should avoid any difficult directional approaches.
A CL in Malvern stated no twin axles due to narrow road and sharp turn into the entrance. BB may have visited it recently.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A CL in Malvern stated no twin axles due to narrow road and sharp turn into the entrance. BB may have visited it recently.
We stopped in a one bedroom cottage than but there was a CL next to us we saw some caravans were staying but the access is very tight and the dog walk is great

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If it is The Turbles, which is where BB stayed, it is not a Cl or a Cs site. There are 15 pitches, and it is private not a club site.
Lovely place, I managed easily with my Santa Fe and Coachman 560.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If it is The Turbles, which is where BB stayed, it is not a Cl or a Cs site. There are 15 pitches, and it is private not a club site.
Next time fancy taking our caravan because each pitch got EHU (16amp) Tv water and drainage and a dog exercise field (y)

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was a CL for many years, but we never used it as we live in the Malvern area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts