ACE JUBILEE EQUIRRY (CELEBRATION)

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we are currently in the process of changing our coachman laser 590/4 (2003) for a ace celebration 6 berth special from glossop caravans. yes we know we are changing from a top of the range van to a lower range but having had a coachman pastich 2002 and a vip 2003 before the laser we have found that we are bored with the layouts and heavy weights of these van. don't get me wrong coachman are fantastic we just want something different. has anyone got any experiance with the ace regarding quality issues and towing prowess. we will tow the van with our galaxy 1.9 tdi 130 bhp mpv which will tow the van with no problems as it tows the laser ok but i have reservations about the build quality of swift group vans, (my wife is over the moon with it and she is the boss after all). eg i can walk on the roof of my coachman to clean it, the floor feels much more solid in the coachman and the overall finnish seems better. is it me that notices these things or is my good lady right?. i know its too late as ive conceeded defete and ordered the ace but some feed back would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
all manufactures have faults,my first van i had a swift classic baronette for 4 years,build quality was below par,and when asked to replace or repair panelling when wrongly fitted sliding door scrubbed top off panelling, they refused.yes it was just over 1 year old and unfortunately hardly used because of shift changes at work,hence it was a while before we noticed the scrubbing.tried to explain but they wouldn't have it.now have avondale osprey and needed new shower doors as they had warped there was no quibble at all,better caravan better build,i personally would never go back to swift

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are due to pick up our 2005 Ace Aristocrat 570 /6 Barrons Special based on the (Jubilee Courier) at 11:00 Tomorrow morning Quality and standard features looked impressive. We called in the Dealership today and there was our wan sat in the Workshop with the Engineer going therough the PDI list and installing the Extras we requested, Alarm & Tyrebands. it looked impressive and at

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well We Picked up our Ace 570 at 11:30 this morning and been playing in her all day since. Loading her up with all the usual knife,fork & Spoons glasses Etc. So far it is hard to find Fault no loose, scuffed/scratched trim or badly fitting doors. Our Omega 2.5 v6 Auto pulls her like a dream. All being well we are going on a shakedown next weekend to Rudding Park Nr Harrogate for Two Night courtesy of Barron's with another two at Lowther Holiday Park, Cumbria later in the Season. one this that I think is worth taking a close look at the the Manf Warranty, In year 1 Almost everything is covered as one would expect but in year 2 and three almost nothing is covered, Or it would be quicker to say what is covered.

We wait for next weekend.

Martin And Debbie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just px'd our Ace Jubilee Herald yesterday, 2003 model. To be honest i thought it was flimsy, the inner walls weren't very solid and were very very thin. The outer front panels used to creak with even a slight bit of pressure on them. But i suppose that could be down to manufactirers trying to save weight.

On the whole absolutely nothing went wrong with our van, and our van gets used regularly for rallies and accomodates me, the boss, 2 older kids, and 2 dogs. So it took the battering of rallies and holidays very well. It was comfortable, light and airy inside and towed well. No problems in 2 years.

As for coachmans, im sorry but my brother in law is on his 3rd in 3 years. Keep falling to bits. His current, a Golden Festival, has has electrical problems since he bought it, despite various trips back to dealers. Trim has fell off, it's flooded itself numerous times with split internal pipes, and the bits stuck on the outside such as vents, er, dont stick. They fall off as well.

I won't mention the Pastiche or Amara. Not enough bandwidth.

The Ace was a good van to us. So i hope you enjoy yours and it's as faultless as ours was.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the comments, it would appear that generally the ace is an ok van there have not been too many negative points and plenty of good ones. I must admit to being a little surprised at lennys brother in laws problems as we have had nothing but sterling service from our coachmans and if it was left to me i would definately have another one, but as i said the boss and the kids have a say in the matter and i was outvoted this year. maybee its becouse we only keep our vans for about a year that we have no problems but then again we did have 85 nights away last year and round about the same the year before so our vans do get a lot of use in theire short time with us, our family is also 2 adults 2 teenage kids and 2 dogs. the main problem that conceeded me to defeat was the weight of the laser at 1690 kg it is very heavy for a 25 foot van but apart from this the van has been superb no faults at all. the pastich and vip vans that i had where both 520/4's and again both where good reliable vans but once again they where just too heavy especially on a single axle, even with very carefull loading the vans tended to be a little unstable. the golden festival lenny mentions is of course a coachman amara which is upgraded by glossop caravans to theire own spec, my vip and laser are both goldens and glossop appear to do quite a good job. hopefully next year i will be able to report that i am just as pleased with the ace as i have been with my coachmans, but if i'm not, rest assured i will let you know. thanks every one. GARY & CHRIS. PS, MARTIN, RUDDING PARK IS VERY NICE. ENJOY.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts