ACSI sites in Alps/Rhone region

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
We are off on our usual 3 weeks to France later this year and we always use ACSI sites which we have never had a problem with. We are keen to visit the Alps/Rhone area for the first time and would be grateful for any you could recommend in the ACSI book. Basically, we are a retired couple and would prefer a quiet site with very good toilet/shower blocks, a swimming pool would be nice but not a pre-requisite, and convenient for places to visit in the car. We would be static for a week at a time so good views would be a bonus. Thanks for any ideas.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I've read good reports on another forum of Le Vaugrais, in the Savoie - would you believe an ACSI Card 10 euros per night site (there are thirteen other French sites at 10 euros per night and one in Spain) - with pool, apparently home cooked food available, made by Mdme Campsite herself, and great praise from a respected contributor whose opinion I value. It's site no 1631 in the ACSI card brochure. These 10 euros sites are not easy to find on the website (www.campingcard.co.uk) but much easier in the book which comes with the card.
I can't remember the name of the other site in the Drome, that he also recommended, but I'll have a trawl to see if I can find the details. I've earmarked both of them for a visit when we're in that area.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
We are not experts on the region but we had a very nice stay in 2010 at La Belle Roche near the village of Lalley. The site is very quiet, lovely views, nice pool and restaurant, and immaculate toilets. Possible drawbacks are the village shop is open only infrequently (although as usual you can get bread and a few basics from reception) and the nearest proper shop is quite a drive, albeit a scenic one. You are not too far away from a main road either so no towing up steep narrow roads to access the site. The site number in the 2012 guide (not got round to buying this years yet) is 1543.

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, I will look them up in the 2013 brochure!
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS