ADAC breakdown insurance

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
ADAC coverage applies for as long as you are a member, no matter how long you are away from home.

Trailers with no more than one axle are covered so long as they are hitched up to the towing vehicle. But don't worry if you have a twin axle caravan. By German law a twin counts as a single axle so long as the centre of the two axles is no more than one metre apart.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Jonathan,

What Unit are you with? Is there any decent sites around the Detmold area, I haven't been to Detmold since about 92 when 4 Armd Workshops were there.

Percy,

Considering youi were in Hameln and now Tidworth, I guess your RE.
Yep RE for next 6 months then exRE/Civvy. Pension time

REgards

Ian

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
I don't want to reply for Jonathan, but I'd just like to chip in that "Camping Quellental" is just outside Detmold. It's mainly a static campsite, but they do have a number of pitches for tourers, too.

There's a good campsite, especially for tourers, in Barntrup. "Ferienpark Teutoburger Wald" is about halfway between Detmold and Hameln.
Would agree with Lutz, "Ferienpark Teutoburger Wald" at Barntrup is worth a look, plus "Campingpark Lemgo" in Lemgo, which is a lovely old town is worth a stay, an ex "squaddie" called Mike is the handyman at this site, a really nice guy who is always pleased to see brits on site.

Its also worth noting that both the above sites accept the ACSI Card for good low season rates

Jonathan (humberflyer)

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith,

Was talking with a colleague yesterday who had had major "undercarriage" problems on his caravan whilst in Italy last year, he said ADAC were excellent from the initial call through to the vans recovery back to Germany.

Interestingly today, i had stopped at an Autobahn services a noticed a Caravan on an ADAC transporter, it had obviously been rear ended a well "wrapped up" to protect it from the elements, talking with the driver, who had picked it up in Denmark, he said that quite often he would recover solo caravans following accidents or major breakdown.

Jonathan (humberflyer)

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, Jonathon.

I looked at the ADAC website English page and they make clear a German address is needed in order to join on-line. Presumably us Brits would need to either phone the German ADAC HQ or write to them in order to join?

Another point that comes to mind is that whilst the _98 policy covers vehicle/caravan breakdown/recovery plus aeromed repatriation, it does not cover the health/hospital costs that RP covers. Again presumably people who opt for the ADAC policy take out a separate health insurance policy - or do you rely on the European Health card?

We need to renew our RP annual multi-trip policy next month so the info re the ADAC policy is very interesting indeed.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Keith, We have cover for Health through the card you mentioned and also with our Bank Account. You can certainly join online as that is how we did it. If you contact Isa Pfaffel by email isa.pfaffel@adac.de she will send you the form to fill in by email and then you print it, fill it in and Fax it to ADAC with your card details. You will get your membership card etc within a short time.

TRENDING THREADS