ADAC - Recovering Breakdown Costs

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I have recently had a bad experience with my ADAC breakdown service and wish to make a claim. Has anyone previously made a claim through their policy?
There are various instructions for joining their service and making payment for Partner + but very little information on how to claim against any of the services they provide. I should welcome any advice.
Jeff

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
This is from their brochure:
Important information

In the case of loss, claims are to be submitted to the insurer to show explanations and statements, together with the relevant original documents to ADAC safe Versicherungs-AG at 81362 Munich. ADACPlus members can claim from the group insurance directly from the ADAC safe Versicherungs-AG claim.
AND

13 Whom can you contact to deal with disagreement?
Should you have cause for complaint, please contact us directly at the ADAC-safe insurance
AG. Failing this, the Federal Institute for Financial Services Supervision (BaFin), Graurheindorfer Street 108, 53117 Bonn deals with complaints against German insurers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Furtehr to Val's useful advice,

If you used your credit card to pay the premium for teh insurance, then the credit card company may be partly liable for a service that was not to contract.
Or if you used a UK based brokerage (setting a UK presidence) to source the insurance, then the UK's insurance ombudsman may be able to help.

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for both Val A's addresses to send claims and the Prof for advice if that fails.

Busy constructing a response to ADAC at the moment.

Jeff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts