Adrea Astella 613HT

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of buying an Adrea Astella 613HT. They have introduced a new layout which I saw at the London show the 613KB with fixed side double bed instead of fixed side single beds. Please can anyone help me with their knowledge of Adrea and has anyone got the Astella any layout.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Milkybar, Forest Gump on here is the mind of the Adria world, he pops in now again so hope he will give more info than I can
But--
I have a Fleetwood made by Adria when they took over for a short period before they dropped the Fleetwood Brand, mine is the same layout as the 642UP and we are really pleased with it, the Adria quality is in my opinion very good, we have had the van a year now, laid up over winter got it ready today for the off in two weeks checked everything and all working and ready to go, except a window catch we I knew about last year and forgot to do any thing about it!
Really good quality, comfortable, reliable and with the polyester sides warmer, and they dont dent as easily as other makes.
Hope this helps
Kev

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
hi milky bar the van you seek is a great van with all the adria build quality no more dents and the extra width is a welcome they a called a 4 section van (room) thats the kitching first then dinner then bed room then bathroom at back just make sure you have a tow car to pull the wieght 1700 + look on venture caravans site ,

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Some problems with Adria are they are very basic,in my opinion the build quality although not poor is not brillant either,they will however probably never suffer with damp but the main problem is the parts back up is absolutely crap.Things do break and try getting parts within a week,no chance.I waited 6months for a cupboard door when i bought mine brand new.Their not bad.What else do you buy for the price?

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
the main partrs as all thetford ect .ect so no problems cookr]er fridge bog /oven ect needed a new batroom door 2 weeks was the total time frome order in end it did not get replaced as it sorted out.new window stays 1 week when hed swift door look 6 weeks (hartel dont think) cracked front pannel only 1year warenty on grp wont cover this sorry had only good things from venture caravans and adria .

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
wider euro chassie delta axle aulto reverse brake large van on single axle 1500 kgs on a single 7,98 mtrs long all this less than £15 k £13k last year sorry no contest.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Milkybar (kid)
I dont know if you are an experienced caravanner or not, but either way I would strongly recomment that in terms of the width of the Adria you should take advantage of a training course.
They are given by both clubs, you may then qualify for an insurance discount, you may need any discount possible because I have heard that it is expensive to cover the new breed of wide caravans.

I would hate for you to become wedged in some of the narrow site enterances that seem so common these days. Especially if I was waiting to get on site behind you some day.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a look at this caravan in Fry's in Hutton Cranswick and I thought it looked really nice and well equiped. The sales lady was very knowledgeable about the vans. they only do one Astella model in the UK

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Seth, can I assume that you don't like Adrias?
smiley-wink.gif

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Defenantly not.I own an Adria,502dk 2009 model,bought brand new.As ive said in the past very unusual to get problems with the main van,i e damp and such.But i find it hard to get parts when ive needed them.6 months wait for a cupboard door because the coating peeled off the day we brought it home from the dealer.Is this acceptable?All im saying is my dealings with the dealers have been poor.Aftersales is also a large part of owning an item as large as a caravan.Apart from that i love it and it brings me lots of happiness with my family.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is another problem with Adria in addition to the relative scarcity of dealers. The terms of the warranty state that all services - even routine must be done at a dealer (i.e. not at an independant Approved Workshop) to maintain the warranty.

For other Continental 'vans it is usually possible to agree that routine serviing carried out by an AWS workshop will maintain warranty but that any work actually under the warranty must be done by a dealer. This seems fair enough. It means that the routine service may not involve long trip to a far off dealer. I expect I am not alone in having a very good relationship with my local AWS workshop which has a very high satisfaction rating and would much prefer to continue to do business with them.

It is surprising Adria will not make such an agreement since they are listed as sponsors of the Approved Workshop Scheme.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts