Adria Adora Front locker gas strut bracket

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody. The Adria Adora caravan I recently purchased is great. The previous owner had a problem with the front locker though. When left open momentarily on the gas strut in high winds, the wind tore the strut bracket away from the locker lid. I have tried to repair this with CT1 and a few extra screws (how do I attach a picture to this message?) but the stress on the bracket is too great and the inside surface of the locker lid is cracking. There is no evidence though of damage on the outside surface. I have the intact gas strut and the bracket, so if I could repair the cracked internal surface of the locker lid where the bracket attaches, I could throw away the prop I have to use (they seem to be quite a common feature on caravans, I notice!). Any ideas? Thanks!

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
To make things even more challenging, the locker lid is fixed to the main caravan body by a piano hinge along its top edge. The hinge is about 1200-1300mm long and is riveted by umpteen rivets to both the lid and body, so removing it to work on the fix will prove nigh on impossible. Adria caravan body parts cost as much as space shuttle parts, so I don't want to end up damaging the lid or body.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts