Adria fridge not charging with 13 pin from the car

Jun 25, 2022
Visit site
Ive a 2021 adria adora isonzo and the fridge has stopped charging when plugged into my car. My car has an intellagent alternator but it worked fine the first 5/6 times we were away with the caravan. Dealer says its the PCB board but im hearing it could also be the caravan 13 pin wiring, seeminly sometimes common fault. Anybody had anything like this before and experience on how to fix the problem ?? Thank you

Jun 25, 2022
Visit site
I told them about the problem before the van went in for its first year service, they checked it and the board was what they came up with was the problem. Id just spoke to other people and they mentioned it could be the wiring rather than the board, only wandered if anybody had witnessed this before and what was the the way it got fixed.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A bit confused here. First the fridge does not ‘charge‘ from the car, It just operates when supplied with power.

But, on a 2021 van. If the dealler has identified a faulty pcb on the fridge, why have they not changed it under warrentee?

John

Jun 25, 2022
Visit site
They are going to change out the pcb board, its just ive spoke to a couple of other dealers and they all said it probably wont be the board. Just wandered if anybody had went through this with an adria before

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
They are going to change out the pcb board, its just ive spoke to a couple of other dealers and they all said it probably wont be the board. Just wandered if anybody had went through this with an adria before

Without using testing equipment we would be guessing. I suggest you leave it to the dealler.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Teddy

Usually when a fault arises, you have to follow the symptoms and work back to find what actually caused it. Without testing we simple can't confirm or deny if fault in the fridge is simply a component aging and failing on the PCB, or whether it's been caused by something external to the fridge. The 13pin plug is just one possibility as there are several components between the fridge and the power that runs it, it's possible it could be any of them.

However I cannot think of how a fault on the 13 pin plug would be able to cause the PCB in the fridge to fail. If it were just loose connection in the plug the fridge might stop working. If the wires were shorting in the connector you would have other symptoms, like other things not turning off or blowing fuses.

I have had to deal with a German caravan where the fridge PCB was damaged, but that was because the cooker above it had not been correctly wired, and the cookers spark generator was putting 15Kv through the fridges pcb. But that is not suggesting its the same as your problem.

I'm sorry but in situations like this it needs hands on attention by someone who is competent at fault finding.

Having said that there is no harm in checking the 13pin plug for loose connections if you fell up to the job.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the cars wiring worked at first with the caravan, or with a previous caravan it is unlikely to be that. I would go with the dealers suggestion as that is the expert opinion. If they are wrong then you have grounds for complaint.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts