Adult Only Sites

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not adverse to familes on sites, I wish we had a caravan when we had our kids but just managed to borrow a trailer tent for two weeks, and we loved it.
But I do find that sometimes on sites that, some parents do not control their children.
So we have gone to adult only sites and I must admit a lot of the folk seem to be "Victor Meldrews"
Have any other folk noticed this at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
As a retired teacher and my wife still in the job we can only do adult only sites as watching how children behave are left etc makes us at best worry about their safety(bikes scooters and car mixes) and at worst fume. Decent spread of people I think?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On Facebook there is an "Adult Only Touring Park UK" reviews group and they publish a list every month of adult only sites.
Although we do prefer adult only sites due to some adults trying to see the bottom of a bottle and then pretend they do not have kids, we still will go to sites that are in the area that we want to visit kids or not as we were young once.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We never seem to find these problem sites. We have nothing against adult only but otherwise enjoy watching children play, (hope that doesn‘t sound pervy). I wonder if the problems are on commercial site as we don't use them.
We went to a CL recently. Children were banned, but only because the owners did not want the safety responsibility with 5 lakes.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly we did have a very bad experience on a CAMC site. The kids were throwing things at our dogs who were inside the awning to get them to back. These things were almost feral in their behaviour. Complaints were made to the warden, but to no avail as the warden preferred to avoid confrontation.
The other thing that really gets my goat is kids on scooters whizzing the wrong way around the one way systme and going at a speed however adults on cycles seem to do the same thing. Generally as said no issue with kids, it is the parents!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present we are on a Adult park and so far very nice we have been coming to adult parks for number of years since our son grew up

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have never deliberately chosen an adults only site and so far have had np trouble with children. We do try to avoid being near any playground but otherwise just try to go for a spot that suits us.

Reactions: Buckman

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The problem with any endeavour which brings lots of people together is that you're bound to get a whole range of behaviours some of which you may not like.

Life is too short to worry about such things and you can't predict what you'll come up against even if you think you've made the best choice.

In this instance I've come across more adults who's behaviour is less than I'd like. But we just keep to ourselves and hope no one thinks unkindly of us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
For many years we rarely go away on Bank holidays, last two weeks of July and never August. So Adult or not site doesn’t matter. I must say when we have been on sites with kids never had a problem. Thirty years ago we were so grateful having a caravan to take the kids away👏👏

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Last season went to Rutland Caravan and camping site which is with the caravan club .
Facilities include
Separate Adults Area
Separate Family friendly area
We saw no problems even when children were riding through on their bikes on the way to the playground or on the way to the swimming pool.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Last season went to Rutland Caravan and camping site which is with the caravan club .
Facilities include
Separate Adults Area
Separate Family friendly area
We saw no problems even when children were riding through on their bikes on the way to the playground or on the way to the swimming pool.
That site is really good Adults only to the left and familes to the right near the swimming pool. And play area.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
As long as sites are clear about what they are offering, so I can make an informed choice, I am happy. This summer the daughter and her 4 are camping next to us at a Family site. It is a really nice site and we have been there before and it is all about families with children. Wrong site for just me and him; perfect for us, daughter and grandkids. Horses for courses and all that.
mel

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
My "kids "are now 64 and 57 and they started caravanning way back in the seventies, with their cousins ie two boys to girls, the boys seem to find the nearest tree or hill to climb up as soon as arriving . Girls just done what girls do .The site we go on each month has a fair share of children at most times . Some boys come up to me as I always am fishing and enquire about fishing etc. When back in the caravan having a break we often see the children whizzing by on scooters and bikes at a speed that make us cringe . The most annoying thing to us is a dog barking relentless . Regarding adults only, we stayed at one in France and early evening there use to be a parade of people wandering around with their dressing gowns on , it use to make us laugh each evening .

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
We have had a few problems with other people's kids over the years but not that much and usually early teens who have never been taught how to behave. Having said that we do find that adults only sites can be a bit "creepy"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts