Advice needed about a purchase

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the age he needs to check for damp. If he does not have a damp meter he needs one or to get someone with one to check it. At 16 years old it is unlikely to have a full service record but he should get what he can and check as carefully as his expertise will let him on the working parts. The seller should be willing and able to demonstrate that things fitted work. There are risks in a caravan that old but there are good examples and hopefully if he is careful he can get something decent.
If as it seems this is a private sale then he should always see it at the sellers address and see the seller using the house to confirm who he is.
The model of Audi is not shown but given the two tonne towing limit it will have plenty of power to tow the caravan and it should be heavy enough but as a newcomer I would suggest that the car should be near or at least to 1,500 kg kerb weight, although you can include 65 KG in this for the driver and some luggage.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi again all, my mate has been to look at several vans now and all have had issues of all sorts but he continues looking, he’s now found an adria adora 532, if the pictures are real it looks a tidy van, problem is he lives 130 miles from where this one is but it’s only 35 for me so I’m going to have a first look today, I’m not prepared to say to him to pay a deposit without him seeing it for himself, so I’m going to give it a good look and see if I think it’s worth him driving the 130 miles, I don’t want to spend someone else’s money, it has paperwork and various things that come with it, found this one on auto trader, so if anyone can point to anything out of the ordinary for this model I’d appreciate any tips before 3 today, bit short notice so I’m not expecting much.

BP

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not sure it will help you any, but I have found an older post on Caravan Talk and the two comments are about cracks at stress points in the grp roof and moulded bathroom plastics. Good hunting this afternoon!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought it was worth my friend driving down on Saturday, there’s room for bartering a bit and my friend tells me a friend of his at High Peaks used to be a caravan bodywork repairer so few small dings where awning poles have slipped are of no consequence, and I found a few small items that needed replacing, entrance door lock which can be bought on eBay for £40 and the bathroom door lock probably needs replacing,I’m not sure if he will buy it but the drive is worth taking the chance, time will tell, the adria seems to be well built inside.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
All I have heard about Adria Adora 532 they are a great caravan if it comes with paperwork has it had a service and damp free .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I thought it was worth my friend driving down on Saturday, there’s room for bartering a bit and my friend tells me a friend of his at High Peaks used to be a caravan bodywork repairer so few small dings where awning poles have slipped are of no consequence, and I found a few small items that needed replacing, entrance door lock which can be bought on eBay for £40 and the bathroom door lock probably needs replacing,I’m not sure if he will buy it but the drive is worth taking the chance, time will tell, the adria seems to be well built inside.

BP
Adrias do have a good reputation for build quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts