Advice needed

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello to everyone, I am looking to change my car in the new year and for the first time I am having to think about what car I need to use as an everyday car and one to pull the caravan. I have been looking at the Ford S Max 2ltr 163bhp and the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2ltr both automatics. Any help with either of these or suggestions for others would be gracefully appreciated. The caravan we will be towing is a Swift Challenger Sport 584.

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Just going through the same - try what tow car website where you can compare both cars with the swift and read the full report and what they advise - personally would go for the Outlander {more comfortable to tow,equipment levels are pretty good on the higher spec cars and not so common on the roads}

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I each and every case the driver of an outfit is responsible for ensuring the out fit is both legal and safe. You cannot pass that responsibility on to any one else. So if you use one of these matching sites or services, you must ensure they have exactly the correct details of your proposed car and caravan.

If the site cannot match the exact models, they cannot give you an accurate picture of the match. But even more important is to check the details they have for your models is correct, there are some notable omissions and errors in many matching services so you cannot trust them implicitly.

At best what they can tell you is only an opinion.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Personally I would go for a 2.2L Outlander. Lovely vehicle to drive solo and from what I hear they tow well as well!

Interestingly we had to call the AA out to a Co SWB Shogun with a flat battery (turned out to be a faulty interior light switch.) The AA man stood there and raised his eyebrows. He said that he had been on the road for 12 years and he could almost count on his fingers the number of times he had been to any Mitsubishi 4x4 - in his words "they never never ever go wrong." What better could you get?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts