advice needed

Oct 26, 2005
Visit site
i bought a new sprite firebrand caravan from ******* in july and have had lots of problems with it. the latest problem is the large front window split when i opened it. i feel i have been sold a shoddy van that drops to bits if you use it. The van is now in the dealership awaiting a window to arrive from abroad!! i feel really stressed and would like to know where i can take it from here. i feel like asking for my money back and looking elsewhere. The staff have not been helpful and there is no customer care i find they are quite rude. can anyone please help!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Christine - sorry about your caravan not being up to the standard as expected. As it is a new van it can be rejected under the Sale of Goods Act as not being of merchantable quality. This however depends on how long you have had it and how many times it has been back to the dealers for attention. Have a word with Citizens Advice and see what they suggest - it would be worth a go. Alternatively you could possibly shame the firm by threatening them your self with a claim under the above act and see how they would react. If the van is purchased with HP inform the lender that you are not going to make further payments as the caravan is faulty. They can also act in your interest. Good luck and let us know the results as it will be a great achievement should a private individual succeed against a large retail outlet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Christine - sorry about your caravan not being up to the standard as expected. As it is a new van it can be rejected under the Sale of Goods Act as not being of merchantable quality. This however depends on how long you have had it and how many times it has been back to the dealers for attention. Have a word with Citizens Advice and see what they suggest - it would be worth a go. Alternatively you could possibly shame the firm by threatening them your self with a claim under the above act and see how they would react. If the van is purchased with HP inform the lender that you are not going to make further payments as the caravan is faulty. They can also act in your interest. Good luck and let us know the results as it will be a great achievement should a private individual succeed against a large retail outlet.
Forgot to mention that under the SoG Act you are entitled to a full financial refund - you need not accept either an alternative van or credit note. They may try to deduct a certain amount for the use and wear and tear.

Oct 26, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention that under the SoG Act you are entitled to a full financial refund - you need not accept either an alternative van or credit note. They may try to deduct a certain amount for the use and wear and tear.
thanks for your help.. i have only used the van 4 times i have not towed it as it was delivered to the site by *******. i have asked to speak to the MD but was told he is out of the country but i am now going to go and speak to the sales manager yet again and state the sales of goods act. i am going to ask for a refund as i would not purchase a van from this dealer again i just thank god i only paid half in cash and got the rest on finance as it is better protected. Overall i have spent

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Sorry I had to blank out the company name. Our forum etiquette forbids naming an individual company in a dispute.

4. You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry I had to blank out the company name. Our forum etiquette forbids naming an individual company in a dispute.

4. You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.
Thats understandable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

dont take much to work it out though eh mod?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts