Advice on Bessacarr - first time buyers

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone
We are in the process of looking at various designs and have decided the Bessacarr 425 is the layout we like. We have seen a 2003, 2.2turbo, 23,072 mileage which we can get for £19,250 (from dealer with 3 yeat warranty).

Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Margaret

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Margaret, welcome.
For the mileage, the price sounds good to me but I'm not personally up-to-date in the coachbuilt market. It's always worth haggling for a bit of extra discount, and yuo need to check the terms of that warranty - on an older vehicle it certainly won't cover everything, often just major mechanical components.
This review may help, although it's on a later model.
http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/review/motorhome/2007-bessacarr-e425
I've "upgraded" you on here, so you won't have to do the security squiggles next time.

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Margaret
There are numerous concerns over damp and water ingress on Swift/Bessacar motorhomes although this is less surprising given the number of vans they sell. Get a very good damp check done.
Check any warranty provided because some offer very little cover.
If buying from a dealer, find one with a good repuation. Serach the internet for reviews and at least look at the Practiclal Motorhome Surveys.

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks. We have been doing most of that for the last few weeks and are still tempted by the Bessacarr, the dealer and warranty both seem ok so will probably go with it.

TRENDING THREADS