Advice on Dordogne please, where to stay, journey etc.......

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Over the last two years we have been to Normandy and also the Loire via our preferred route of Calais. We are interested in delving a little further (14 summer days)to the Dordoyne. I would welcome advice on routes, places to stopover, and final destinations that you recommend. The last two occasions we stayed on Castels sites. Whilst they were very good, they were 80% attended by Brits. I expect a few around, as I am one of them, but would prefer a site with mixed culture. Thats why we go to France, to mix with the French. Our children are now off our hands, so do not need pool complexes etc. Countryside, hill walking, and off course wine!!!! is what we look for.

Thanks for any feedback.

Dave

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at this site, wwe have been a couple of times and found it to be very good. The weather can be a bit wet at times however.

www.peneyrals.com

G

Head for Le Buque, it is the gateway to the Dordogne and is situated on the River Vizerre. Camping can be had at Camping Val de Marquise, a jewel in the area. Farik and his wife Nicole, not to mention son Antony make you feel so welcome you don't wish to leave. We didn't. A group of us meet there every year in June to have a lot of fun and lots of peace and quiet. Farik has wine tastings arranged and Pate de Foie gras emporiums are everywhere. The Dordogne river itself is a few km away through pretty countryside. Le Buque has a wonderful market every Tuesday. Sarlat is just along the road with all the old buildings and its own market ( the same traders as at Le Buque)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts