advice....please

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Going to vendee next august,as its our first time abroad, who should we book with,caravan club, camping and caravanning club or select sites.Advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have booked through both the Caravan Club and the Camping & Caravanning Club. I prefer the Caravan Club but others will probably tell you that they prefer either of the other two. At the end of the day I think that it is just down to personal preferences. Certainly the Clubs are much of a muchness but I never used Select Sites so cannot comment on them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have used Seelect Sites in the past and can only offer praise for their service. Every last detail was completed in a professional manner and we were only left to arrange passports and currency. Unlike Dusty stated I have only used this company, I have not used the clubs so unfortunately cannot comment on their service. However I would recommend Select Services with a clear mind. Good luck with your future trip abroad.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The first time we went to France I booked through the CC. Since then I've always booked directly myself. My sister swears by booking the all in version with the C & CC. It would be worth checking both. The advantage of booking yourself direct is the sites. If you book through either of these or Select Sites (which I've been told works out expensive) your tied to the sites in their brochures and in all cases you pay up front. Booking direct I've only ever had to pay a deposit and the balance when leaving, then if you don't like the site don't stay, you only have to pay up until you leave. First thing is to book the decide which crossing and book the ferry as soon as possible, then book the site. Good luck.

Mike

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
The first time we went to France I booked through the CC. Since then I've always booked directly myself. My sister swears by booking the all in version with the C & CC. It would be worth checking both. The advantage of booking yourself direct is the sites. If you book through either of these or Select Sites (which I've been told works out expensive) your tied to the sites in their brochures and in all cases you pay up front. Booking direct I've only ever had to pay a deposit and the balance when leaving, then if you don't like the site don't stay, you only have to pay up until you leave. First thing is to book the decide which crossing and book the ferry as soon as possible, then book the site. Good luck.

Mike
thank you all for you advice, still not sure who to book with, but will have a great holiday anyway

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi judy we have used the camping and caravan club aswell as camping cheque both were very good and sites execellant it,s a matter of personel taste have a super time peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts