Advice please

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please consider my suggestion of having someone else who can witness what is said or promised.

I hope it won't be necessary , but it certainly gives you the upper hand if the dealer starts to deny what has been promised. Even better ask the dealer to give you written confirmation and don't leave until you have it.

Reactions: Sunshine
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the OP wishes to post a picture then that his decision, but I can't see how having a picture is going to change the advice about the OP's rites or methods to get the dealer or manufacturer to respond.

It's a hole and it shouldn't be there, the OP has evidence it was there before they purchased it, it should be fixed along with any damage the hole has created.

How will having a picture of it change the the advice to get the dealer and or manufacturer responding?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If the OP wishes to post a picture then that his decision, but I can't see how having a picture is going to change the advice about the OP's rites or methods to get the dealer or manufacturer to respond.

It's a hole and it shouldn't be there, the OP has evidence it was there before they purchased it, it should be fixed along with any damage the hole has created.

How will having a picture of it change the the advice to get the dealer and or manufacturer responding?
Maybe it should be there and we could then offer better advice?

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site
Update- Thankyou everyone for your advice- we visited the dealers but unfortunately, the main guy who we wanted to see was on holiday, we will return during the week and try again and of course update you 😃

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site
Please consider my suggestion of having someone else who can witness what is said or promised.

I hope it won't be necessary , but it certainly gives you the upper hand if the dealer starts to deny what has been promised. Even better ask the dealer to give you written confirmation and don't leave until you have it.
Thankyou

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site

Thankyou

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Why are we arguing about a photo?
A picture tells a thousand words, more-so it becomes a fundamental piece of evidence that may be crucial in the future if things go wrong. Fingers crossed.
So best of luck Sunshine and if you do have time I for one would like to see a photo just to appreciate exactly where it is and how large.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Update- Thankyou everyone for your advice- we visited the dealers but unfortunately, the main guy who we wanted to see was on holiday, we will return during the week and try again and of course update you 😃
This is begining to sound rather like an experience my future Son in Law is going through with a recent car purchase, where the car has been clocked. The dealer wouldn't respond to emails, phone calls were blocked, and when they visited the business owner was away....... It's ongoing and going to court.

Do keep records of all your attempts to contact the dealer, who you do make any contact with, what they say or promise. If you do end up having to go down the legal route, this information will be invaluable, but let's hope you don't have move in that direction.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is begining to sound rather like an experience my future Son in Law is going through with a recent car purchase, where the car has been clocked. The dealer wouldn't respond to emails, phone calls were blocked, and when they visited the business owner was away....... It's ongoing and going to court.

Do keep records of all your attempts to contact the dealer, who you do make any contact with, what they say or promise. If you do end up having to go down the legal route, this information will be invaluable, but let's hope you don't have move in that direction.

I have to agree with the above as the responsibility is with the dealership and not an individual or the sales person. However OP has not mentioned whether the main guy is the director, the sales person or the workshop manager.

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site
I have to agree with the above as the responsibility is with the dealership and not an individual or the sales person. However OP has not mentioned whether the main guy is the director, the sales person or the workshop manager.
the guy who sold us the caravan is I’m fact also the director of the business, Thankyou for replying

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site

So sorry to hear your son is having issues- I hope it gets sorted to his satisfaction soon 👍🏻

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does still give you cover. Most savvy way is to pay off the card just before it is due and that way you get the most free credit, but even if you pay straight away you have got a period of credit even if it is a few hours.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
the guy who sold us the caravan is I’m fact also the director of the business, Thankyou for replying
Check that out by using the Companies House Register website. You may need to contact a currently registered officer of the company, who has legal responsibility to answer for any issues.

Apr 28, 2022
Visit site
Update- out of the blue tod we received an email from the Caravan Workshop asking when we wanted to bring it in for the repairs 😃 so agreed date booked in for 2 weeks, we discussed a few other ‘snags’ and they agreed to sort them all out at he same time. So good news, Thankyou all for your guidance 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to be negative but you agreed to buy the caravan having seen it in the flesh, as the hole was there I am not sure you have any claim against the dealer, the photo you mention would seem to prove that the hole was there before you agreed to buy the caravan, which you describe as the show model, and as such a dealer can claim that you should expect the condition of the caravan to reflect that numerous people had sat in it ,and that some marks etc.were to be expected. I think the best you can hope for is that the dealer agrees to fix the hole as a good will gesture. In my view it is a case of 'buyer beware' Just seen your latest update, so seems like you have a good result. Now time to get on and enjoy your caravan.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Why are we arguing about a photo?
A picture tells a thousand words, more-so it becomes a fundamental piece of evidence that may be crucial in the future if things go wrong. Fingers crossed.
So best of luck Sunshine and if you do have time I for one would like to see a photo just to appreciate exactly where it is and how large.
I am also curios about this hole. Sunshine any chance you could put a photo of it on the forum ?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to be negative but you agreed to buy the caravan having seen it in the flesh, as the hole was there I am not sure you have any claim against the dealer, the photo you mention would seem to prove that the hole was there before you agreed to buy the caravan, which you describe as the show model, and as such a dealer can claim that you should expect the condition of the caravan to reflect that numerous people had sat in it ,and that some marks etc.were to be expected. I think the best you can hope for is that the dealer agrees to fix the hole as a good will gesture. In my view it is a case of 'buyer beware' Just seen your latest update, so seems like you have a good result. Now time to get on and enjoy your caravan.
They were not aware of the hole prior to purchase therefore S9 of the CRA 2015 would apply. However dealer has agreed to the repair so there is no issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts