Advice regarding storage of bedding URGENT FOUR LOVELY LADIES...

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi can anyone advise me, tonight if poss, I'm going away tomorrow for a week with no husband (yippee). There will be four of us gals in the caravan. Usually, my husband puts the bedding away in the storage area under the front seats but I find it such a pain. We have a fleetwood garland with a small wardrobe which will be full of our disco (not) gear so no space in there. Can anyone suggest where to store it? I thought about putting it in the back of the car during the day at least it should not get too damp. (Going to Appleby Horse Fair and it always rains in Cumbria). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
put it under the bed, it has to be better than taking it outside in the rain. surely 4 women can do between them what one husband does alone

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
put it under the bed, it has to be better than taking it outside in the rain. surely 4 women can do between them what one husband does alone
Hi

Thanks. I'll see if anyone else can suggest something as it really is a pain in the neck trying to cram all the bedding under the seats. Also, time will be at a premium as we will have to leave early each morning to go and trade on the ponies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't really see why it is such a big deal, but if you really don't want to do this very simple job, and you are going to be out most of the time, why not just leave the duvets on the beds/seats? You can always sit on them if you need to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I ever get the opportunity to make the bed for four lovely Ladies that will wear me out, I will sleep for a month!!! Have Fun, Trevor

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
My God woman, get a grip!

If you can't get a duvet in a bed locker, how the chuff are you going to get a pony in a horsebox!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jane

In answer to your question 'how the chuff am I going to get a pony in a horse box' which I presume you mean 'how the chuff am I going to load a pony into the trailer?'. Well Jane, that is done by expertise and experience. Maybe unlike some, I have more important things to do with my time than pushing bedding under the seats of my caravan which I would like to add is towed and maintained by myself without my man's help. Also, for your information I work for the fire service so I am not a feeble woman as your email implies. If you worked with 60 male firefighters like I do, maybe you would understand where I am coming from.....

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Trevor - thanks for your reply, it was funny.

We did have a good time and bought a couple of really nice coloured ponies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi glad you enjoyed your break, im jealous on two counts one being the fact you work with all those firemen and secondly buying two nice ponies.Ive only got a geriatric chestnut moody mare!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi glad you enjoyed your break, im jealous on two counts one being the fact you work with all those firemen and secondly buying two nice ponies.Ive only got a geriatric chestnut moody mare!!
Hi Denise

Gosh - its so nice to receive a sensible posting! You ought to try and go to Appleby, it's an eye opener. There were some really nice ponies there and a good police and rspca presence. I have been going every year for the past 13 years. We arn't keeping the coloured ones, my friend and I will spend some time on them just schooling them in etc and then sell them on to good homes. I have a section A mare which I drive as my daughter has out grown it. I know what you mean about chestnuts!!

p.s. It's a hard life working with super fit firemen but someone's got to do it!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi lh

Glad you had a good time, is this horse fair an annual thing, my niece and sister are horse mad and would be good to go just the girls !!!! any others you go to????

p.s. where did you put your bedding in the end ??x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Yes it's an annual gypsy horse fair and has been going since the 16th century. People visit it each year from all over the world. It is mainly for the travelling community with around 40-50,000 visitors attending on the Saturday and Sunday. Travellers trade their ponies/horses and some exchange for huge amounts of money. The small town of Appleby is overtaken by travellers and visitors. It is usually held around the first week in June. It normally starts on a Wed or Thurs. I used to stay in hotels or b&b's but due to the horse fair, it is always classed as peak season so that is why I bought my caravan.

It is well worth a visit but can be a bit dangerous at the weekend as the travellers trot their horses up and down the high street at a very fast pace indeed. Along with traffic, buses and lorries, it can get a bit scary at times.

We had a great time, and integrated with the travelling community.

Regarding the bedding - I put it in the boot of the car during the day as my caravan is 15 years old it really was a pain in the neck trying to cram it into the locker. So it all worked out fine in the end!

There is another gypsy horse fair in Glos, around the Moreton in the Marsh area held twice a year but I haven't been there.

Nice to hear from you.

Best wishes.

lh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Yes it's an annual gypsy horse fair and has been going since the 16th century. People visit it each year from all over the world. It is mainly for the travelling community with around 40-50,000 visitors attending on the Saturday and Sunday. Travellers trade their ponies/horses and some exchange for huge amounts of money. The small town of Appleby is overtaken by travellers and visitors. It is usually held around the first week in June. It normally starts on a Wed or Thurs. I used to stay in hotels or b&b's but due to the horse fair, it is always classed as peak season so that is why I bought my caravan.

It is well worth a visit but can be a bit dangerous at the weekend as the travellers trot their horses up and down the high street at a very fast pace indeed. Along with traffic, buses and lorries, it can get a bit scary at times.

We had a great time, and integrated with the travelling community.

Regarding the bedding - I put it in the boot of the car during the day as my caravan is 15 years old it really was a pain in the neck trying to cram it into the locker. So it all worked out fine in the end!

There is another gypsy horse fair in Glos, around the Moreton in the Marsh area held twice a year but I haven't been there.

Nice to hear from you.

Best wishes.

lh
i never knew about a horse fair near moreton in marsh! Ive just returned from there and stayed on the cc site .It was really nice and we have vowed to return do you know when these sales occur? mind you it would be silly me going anyway, wed just end up with a caravan load of waifs and strays that id acquire at the horse fair if i thought they were going for meat! Husband wouldnt be too happy about that! perhaps id better not mention it!

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jane

In answer to your question 'how the chuff am I going to get a pony in a horse box' which I presume you mean 'how the chuff am I going to load a pony into the trailer?'. Well Jane, that is done by expertise and experience. Maybe unlike some, I have more important things to do with my time than pushing bedding under the seats of my caravan which I would like to add is towed and maintained by myself without my man's help. Also, for your information I work for the fire service so I am not a feeble woman as your email implies. If you worked with 60 male firefighters like I do, maybe you would understand where I am coming from.....
Hello lh,

I'm awfully sorry you took offence to my post. I wasn't implying that you were a feeble woman, (your words, not mine) and I wasn't trying to upset you. I had assumed that you would take my reply in the manner in which it was meant; an amusing reply to an amusing question. I didn't expect the patronising and sarcastic comments like you made in your reply to my post.

As for "having more important things to do with your time", if this quick and simple task is beneath you (but OK for people like me apparently) just leave the bedding out and sit on it as someone else suggested. Problem solved!

Our caravan outings are a joint effort with us both sharing all the jobs like fetching water, emptying the toilets, cooking, towing a 5-berth 7m caravan and yes, putting the bedding away.

As for your last comment about working for the fire service with 60 men, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. How do you know what sort of environment I work in (similar to you as it happens) and what's that got to do with anything?.

Once again, I'm sorry I offended you. It just goes to show how something can sound completely different when written instead of being spoken.

Jane

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello lh,

I'm awfully sorry you took offence to my post. I wasn't implying that you were a feeble woman, (your words, not mine) and I wasn't trying to upset you. I had assumed that you would take my reply in the manner in which it was meant; an amusing reply to an amusing question. I didn't expect the patronising and sarcastic comments like you made in your reply to my post.

As for "having more important things to do with your time", if this quick and simple task is beneath you (but OK for people like me apparently) just leave the bedding out and sit on it as someone else suggested. Problem solved!

Our caravan outings are a joint effort with us both sharing all the jobs like fetching water, emptying the toilets, cooking, towing a 5-berth 7m caravan and yes, putting the bedding away.

As for your last comment about working for the fire service with 60 men, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. How do you know what sort of environment I work in (similar to you as it happens) and what's that got to do with anything?.

Once again, I'm sorry I offended you. It just goes to show how something can sound completely different when written instead of being spoken.

Jane
Hi Jane

Thanks for your apology which is accepted and appreciated. Regarding the bedding saga - if I explain, when you lift the lockers up which are under the seats, there are some slats of wood going across which makes it hard to get bulky bedding in and out and as I haven't got any patience, I just find it so hard to cram duvets under there. When my husband puts the duvets away, he manages to get them into bags neatly and they fit nicely under the seats. Well, there was never any hope of me doing that so in the end, I put them in the boot of the car each morning! (He can put the bedding away in less than five minutes, I'd still be there attempting to do it half an hour later, believe it or not).

The point I was trying to make in relation to working with male firefighters is that equality has to rule if you get my drift which I am sure you will as you work in a similar environment.

Sorry if I upset you too.

Take care.

LH

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i never knew about a horse fair near moreton in marsh! Ive just returned from there and stayed on the cc site .It was really nice and we have vowed to return do you know when these sales occur? mind you it would be silly me going anyway, wed just end up with a caravan load of waifs and strays that id acquire at the horse fair if i thought they were going for meat! Husband wouldnt be too happy about that! perhaps id better not mention it!
HI

Sorry for the delay in responding. The horse fair isn't at Moreton in the Marsh, sorry it's at Stow on the Wold (about four miles from Moreton). The next one is 20 October 2005. I haven't got time to look into it at the mo, but maybe if you do a search on google with the above information, you might find more details.

Don't go with funds, I did that once and bought the most unsuitable cream coloured foal which was trouble from day one and was glad to get rid of it! I think there was a horse fair in June. It won't be as big as Appleby but if you want an excuse to go back to Moreton, I'd combine it with the fair.

p.s. What is the CC site like at Moreton? How many showers, any thing for teenagers to do in the area?

Regards.

Lisa.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts