advise on lincolnshire area

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi all were going to sutton on sea area at the end of may. now we have been to this many times but we now want to visit more market towns etc so can any of you advise us of any nice market towns and villages that you have seen or visited?.

thanks before hand

jo-anne

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Louth is worth visiting especially on market day, Wednesday. They also have a decent size caravan dealership should you need anything.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Alford is a really nice place to visit not sure of market days but is still pleasant, You could perhaps combine this with a look at Horncastle just a few miles further away. If you like Antique shops you could spend an age there. You will find them around every corner stretching from the centre of town all the way to the outskirts.
Cheers Brian

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We always enjoy a visit to Boston the market is on Saturdays and Wednesdays and the town itself is nice to visit. The market features an auction on some market days I'm not sure if it is once a month but I know the auction is not on every time.
We find this fascinating they auction things like a box of veg, a tray of eggs, old bikes, garden equipment and every kind of odd and sod you could imagine. It's amazing what people will bid on. keep your hands in your pockets though or you may become the owner of an old washing machine.
Enjoy whatever you do All the best Brian

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you are heading inland then Woodhall spa is nice. It has a little cinema that was the first in the country and they still show films in the same way. There are some second hand book shops and a rather yummy patisserie. It is not a big place and you may want to combine it with another trip. I think it is not far from spalding (geography not my strong point).
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts