aerial phots

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I remember reading on this forum about a web site where you could look at aerial photos. Does anyone know the details? I think it is a free service and is ideal for looking at caravan sites before you book. Thanks, Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Just type in [google earth]on your search engine

It is a satalite view of the earth just follow the instructions

You can type in a post code or address any where in the world and you can zoom in .I can see a car parked on my neighbours drive .Let us know how you get on . Its a free service

Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim and Pauline,

I mentioned www.multimap.com some time ago as being a handy way of checking out sites especially the photo bit even though they are hardly high definition. Google, as has been mentioned, does not give the same coverage of the U/K. Multimap at one time used to include discount vouchers for a well known chain of roadside eateries ( no advertising here ) if you printed out a map. Not gourmet dining but handy for feeding the ravening hordes. The children liked it as well.

Mike E

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Jim and Pauline,

I mentioned www.multimap.com some time ago as being a handy way of checking out sites especially the photo bit even though they are hardly high definition. Google, as has been mentioned, does not give the same coverage of the U/K. Multimap at one time used to include discount vouchers for a well known chain of roadside eateries ( no advertising here ) if you printed out a map. Not gourmet dining but handy for feeding the ravening hordes. The children liked it as well.

Mike E
ummmmm it was the Little Chef Mike heheh! We used many of those coupons and as you say they were very convenient. Her Ladyship always had some in her purse.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
I use google earth, I think it's great and have loads of fun - my mates showed us exactly where they stay in florida and I could show mine where we went in Hungary (i was excited as I'd never been abroad before!)

Just a hint though - it does need broadband and a fairly able pc to run

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim and Pauline,

Mike E
Lord B,

Yeh I know it was the vertically challenged cook but knowing how business names can be 'withdrawn' on forums I euphemised ( if there is such a word ). The same catering firm now prints discount vouchers in several newspapers which come in handy .

Mike E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts