After 27 years of caravanning, my wife and I would like to sa...

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Adieu

Farewell

Au revoir

Auf wiedersehen

To our current caravan, a 2002 Coachman Amara 520/4..........

because

for the 1st time ever (and probably the last)

we have bought

a brand new sparkly, shiney, virgin caravan

Whaaaahaaaaaay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Pat,

Well done from your nearby neighbour, however let us in on the secret of what you have purchaaaased ?

I look forward to joining you both, some time in the near future, for a weekend away together. We will take delivery of our Challenger 570 on the 11th June from Glossop Caravans, and have booked two nights at near by Grin Low in Buxton. We will return south, once we have to leave the site at noon, to retun home with it to Bedford.

Best regards,

George

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bedford George,

We have bought a Dealer special called the Archway Cranford fron White Arches in Rushden. It is based on the Swift Charisma 545,but tarted up with extras. We were told that it is being built on 20th of this month and we should get delivery about 7 days later. If that's the case we should be able to get away somewhere local during the first May bank holiday. Can't wait. We are soooo excited. Planning this to be our last caravan, things change.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I will Google it and see if I can find it on Google Earth street view so make sure you have plenty of security devices attached. :)

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
We have a Challenger 580 due originally Mid-March, now due off production line April 26th.(Watch this space)_______ Dealer says 10 days for delivery. Are you sure yours will be built,delivered to dealer, PDI'd and ready for collection all in 7 days.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Went to see the dealer last Saturday. He looked on the computer, said that we had been allocated a chassis number and that was being built on the 20th.

I guess it's a case of watch this space.

Lots of people on this forum have said that they didn't receive their van on the agreed date. There must be some out there though who received their van on time( he says hopefully )

Please let me know if you did!!!

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Our last 2 Swift group vans were delivered a couple of months early, the last one was january 2009. due in March.

Heres hoping you get it on time.

Kevin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We ordered a Challenger 570 from the October show and were given a delivery date a week later by the dealer of 31st March. The van arrived at Catterick Caravans on the 30th March and we picked it up on the 3rd April.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Pat,

We ordered our Challenger 570 on the 3rd of December and were given end of May. It will be completed on the 28th and we have arranged to collect it on the 11th June, this will give Glossop 7 days to collect the van and give it thier pre checks.

Best regards,

George

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Just received a call from my wife.

Wahyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............................

It has been built. We pick it up a week tomorrow.

Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

Now to look for a CL.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
It is done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked it up Friday and went away for the weekend. So far everything worked.

We are both very pleased. Now we need a different awning as the current one isn't suitable. Also on the lookout for a 15' combo telly.

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Hope you'll be very happy with your van Pat (and everyone else too). Our Challenger 570 is due for collection on 29th May from Discover Chorley - we only went in to buy a wind break - very expensive wind break but sooooo excited about our new van - sorry to see our Clubman 475 2CK go though.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
OOH how lurvely!A BRAND NEW CARAVAN!We have only ever had a new van once many years ago and we will not be in a position to do it again.Have lots of wonderful times and if you come across a Jeep Grand Cherokee,Fleetwood Heritage t/a and a red headed mad woman with 2 pomeranians,please let me have a peek in your van.I will invite you back for a nice cuppa made by HIMSELF!!!

Thursdays Child (TC)

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind comments. The search is now on for a new awning as our magnum 260 doesn't fit due to where the windows are situated. We have a full size awning but have decided to sell it and look for a 3/4 size awning. It must be grey , of course, to match the exterior decor of the shiney, sparkley ( don't know how long for )van. Away again next bank holiday, but might sneak another w/end away before then. I mean you can't leave a new van sitting around. It wouldn't be fair on the van, gathering dust. It needs to feel wanted.

Still exciteeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts