Aftermarket Reversing Sensors..any recommendations

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had these as standard on my Rover 75 and really miss them on the Xtrail. Was wondering if anyone has tried aftermarket sensors and if so what type? One concern is finding they do nothing but pick up the towbar, hence do not work!

I know this was a concern when I had the towbar fitted to the Rover, it was a case of wait and see if the sensors still worked OK, luckily they were on that car.

Thanks

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I fitted a pair when I bought my Grande Vitara.

With spare wheel and towing hitch extending behind them I wondered whether they would work properly or fall foul of wheel and tow hitch.

I spaced then slightly wider apart and pointing down wards a couple of degrees.

They have worked near perfectly for me for over 3 years now.

Cant remember the make but they cost about

G

Hi,

I am on my second x trail and I bought a new set of reversing sensors and dashboard display unit off ebay for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike this unit sounds great (our car is also silver)can you tell me the make / manufacturer please?

Also, out of interest what towing mirrors are you using, I am still undecided on what is best?

Thanks

H&M

G

Hi H & M,

Look on ebay uk and type in under buy, "reversing sensors". You will see 165 items for sale at varing costs from

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got my reversing sensors from Conrad Anderson

www.conrad-anderson.co.uk

They were a lot dearer than ebay but came with a wealth of knowledge etc.

I found no need to remove the bumper after covering with wide masking tape and measuring several times before drilling with a forstner drill bit.

I have a switch on the dashboard to enable the unit to be disabled when towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got my reversing sensors from Conrad Anderson

www.conrad-anderson.co.uk

They were a lot dearer than ebay but came with a wealth of knowledge etc.

I found no need to remove the bumper after covering with wide masking tape and measuring several times before drilling with a forstner drill bit.

I have a switch on the dashboard to enable the unit to be disabled when towing
Thanks Mike and John for all the info.

H&M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts