Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Holiday time is almost with us.

However,have yet to decide which site in the Agde area. There appears to be 3 sites that are camping cheque. 2 have been commented on previously but there is one other - Beauregarde east I think. We have never been to this area, but would value some opinions. We are touring around, but need some sun, due to the awful weather.

Thank you

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
There's really only one choice. Take a look at .

http://www.champs-blancs.fr/
It's within walking distance of a large supermarket, it has a fantastic pool complex and the majority of the touring pitches are equipped with their own toilet / shower / wash basin and pot washing facilities.

Olly.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Camping le Neptune page 133 Camping Cheque directory. We stayed here in early April and are looking forward to going back at some time. The site is situated right beside a river with free fishing if you are that way inclind and it excellent for cycling if you have bikes. Agde is in effect three "towns" - the lovely old Agde Town with many old typical french Buildings - The Grau d'Agde which is in effect the old fishing port at the mouth of the river and itself has some nice beaches and shopping areas - plus the area of Cape d'Agde which is a massive modern development with a marina and modern holiday accomodation. From the Neptune site you have riverside walks or cycle rides to Grau d'Agde (15mins walk) or the old town (25 mins)with floating restuarants in both directions. The approach road runs alongside the river bank between the site and the river but is not overly busy and is only one-way.The site itself is well laid out with decent size pitches and well kept and the owners very obliging.

G

We stayed at Beauregard last June. Basic site on seafront with its own gates to the beach (locked at night) Good shower/toilet block , some pitches quite sandy but thats true of most sites in Marseillian Plage, and its cheaper than Charlemagne, it does not have a pool or entertainment etc,its a touring van site without loads of mobile homes,but there are shops restaurants and bars by the dozen right outside the gates as its pretty much in the middle of the main drag. Its about 7k from Agde itself, and Marseillian beach which the site backs onto is lovely and clean, sandy and the sea calm Hope this is of help any other info please ask. The main entrance is also locked at night. Nice staff too.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Just an afterthought but we did go to check out Beauregard Est whilst we were staying at Camping Neptune. In fairness not the best of time to go as it was early April, the weather was bad, all the businesses in the shopping/restauraunt/entertainment area were just coming out of hibernation in preparation for Easter and the local authorities were resurfacing all the roads in the shopping area. The site struck us as being a family holiday site with access directly on to the beach.To be honest we were pleased that we had picked the Neptune site (on "Val A's" ) recommendation as the area is much more interesting.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris G

Thanks for the info on Neptune. I have been watching the debate re Champs-Blancs and Neptune and I think we are leaning towards Neptune as it would seem to suit us. Hope to be there in about 2 weeks time.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris G

Thanks for the info on Neptune. I have been watching the debate re Champs-Blancs and Neptune and I think we are leaning towards Neptune as it would seem to suit us. Hope to be there in about 2 weeks time.

David

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Are you going there twice?

I'm involved in another topic at the moment on "Our Website" page you have just proved a point!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you going there twice?

I'm involved in another topic at the moment on "Our Website" page you have just proved a point!!!
Depends whether I like it! I think the internet or this site was being quite slow at the time and you have no idea whether the message has been sent and of course no way of editing a post!

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts