AHHGGHHH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had an "accident" this weekend, using silicon sealant (bathroom type) and managed to get it on some very new clothing. It's dried but still stuck firm, does anyone know of any way to get rid of it, "wives tales" gratefully accepted too?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well known remedies for this type of problem, all proven to work:

Either:

1. Rub a fresh cabbage leaf over the area for 20 minutes, it will remove the silicone.

2. Boil a large cauliflower in a large pan for 10 minutes, then cover and leave to cool. Remove cauliflower, drain water into a bowl, add soiled clothing, leave for three hours and the silicone will be removed.

Hope the suggestions help.

Lisa.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Giorgio Armani or George?

Lisa
Hi Lol

It was brilliant thanks, despite getting a puncture on one of the car wheels - Well what did you expect?? Good job I keep that 2 tonne trolley jack in the back of the car, every girl should carry one.

Chilled out totally, met some nice people who were over for the cricket.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And that's dinner prepared too! Thanks Lisa, when I remove the offending garment from the side of the bath, I'll give it a go.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I think Lisa's cabbage and cauliflower method will work on loose fitting natural cloths but if it was your tight Lycra cycle shorts you would be better off with a medium sized courgette. Brian ;O)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts