Air awning?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We got the Kampa only because you pump all the poles up in one action but with the Vango you pump up some of the inner poles separately and fix them in with Velcro. However the Kampa is heavy to pull through the awning rail. I'd not go back to aluminium poles either.
Mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We have the Kampa 330 pro yes it's heavy to get into the awning rail but as long as you unroll it properly :oops: it does go in easy, we left our up for three weeks recently never needed topping up with air and it just flexes in high winds in three weeks time i have a choice of putting our stick one up or the air one as it will be up for six weeks... after a short discussion :whistle: the choice was made and the Kampa will be put back up, some of the other types of air awning look like spiders webs with all of the guy ropes, the Kampa only requires one on each upright ;)
The choice is yours .....

May 9, 2015
Visit site
hi i just had the vango sanna 420 delivered cant see any guy ropes with it only storm straps ,,,are you suppose to get these in the bag ,,,?

May 9, 2015
Visit site
hi just checked the guy lines are already attached to the awning ,,,but i only have 5 bracer beams sure there should be more ? will on the phone tomorrow morning for sure ,,, ,,yes one is missing vango sending one out ,,

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
I'm a massive Isabella fab but I sold them al as we was selling the caravan as craig was to busy. But we're now keeping it as we shud make time for us. Didn't like the hex pro one so used to pulling heavy awning thru rails but are these air awnings good?. With me being a huge Isabella fan will I be impressed. Dont want a massive awning again gonna do now with chairs etc we got.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Bit late to the conversation but I am considering parting with a brand new Isabella for one of these, probably the Kampa Pro 390. I notice a couple of you mention its heavy to pull through the awning rail, can you expand on this please. Are we talking heavier than a traditional awning to pull through or just heavier than expected. Seems a vague question but I am not really sure how else to phrase it. :cheer:

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
To be honest I found that our problem was that we were not unfolding it properly and then you were having all of the weigh trying to pull it off the rail...

Steady away i can put my 330 pro up by myself :p

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Just a note on awnings - I purchased an Air awning a few months back, great item - however, I wanted to keep it looking great.

As with anything outdoors, the UV light from the sun will degrade it - awnings are susceptible to this, and color can fade, waterproofing can disappear, seams can perish and overtime, rips are more likely to occur.

I used nikwax solar proofing when I first put up the awning (and previous awnings) - it does a great job of minimizing the effects of UV. You will find the awning stays looking new for longer and extends the life of the awning. There are other products, such as fabsil - just make sure they have a UV filter.

Just a thought...

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We find our Kampa Rally Air 390 is heavier than a traditional awning to pull through the rail, but, as Sproket said you need to make sure it is not in a tangled heap when you start. If it is uncoiled it is heavy but easily do-able.
Mel

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi
We just purchased the oxygen speed 2 by Outdoor Revolution. Taking this away shortly for the first time. Does anyone have any tips please?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
One Kampa Rally Air Pro 390 purchased today. I wanted the rally ace 400, but apparently there isnt one to be had anywhere unless I pay £200 more than the current price.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Ideal weather at the moment for leaving it up if you can to weather it in. Ours took about three good downpours and then it's been bone dry inside ever since.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Good idea, but i find that block paving doesnt take pegs too well B) Off to Austria at the end of the month, so it wont get erected till October.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts